Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri Shoes- specialized vs. shimano
Quote | Reply
Anyone tried both the trivent and the new shimano? I am looking to upgrade and these two are on the top of my list as they seem to provide good value.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shoes- specialized vs. shimano [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just raced in the specialized shoe. (just got them a week before) I loved the shoe, felt strong and powerful, with a real connection to the pedal. I had been wearing another make, but this shoe gave me a better stroke.

cheers Poalina
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they fit very differently. buy what fits.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shoes- specialized vs. shimano [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they both fit my foot really well. but I don't ride with socks and the shimano felt much better without socks on, so I got that. Otherwise, they both seem kickass

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shoes- specialized vs. shimano [mcoker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have sensitive feet ;)

within 5 secs of putting on the trivent in the store, i had said no way. the Shimano ws much better.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just in cased your interested and a size ten.. i have a pair specialized tri vent shoes for sale in the classifieds section.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I have had both, and both are good, however they are different

Shimano: roomy fit, in heel cup and toe box. Long (trim-able) Backward velcro strap (Make on the bike entry EZ-er)

Specialized: Narrow heel, medium width toe box (good toe height though). Velcro strap is regular direction but on the short side if you have high volume feet. Love or hate point: Trivent has a noticeable tip to the outside (1 or 2 degrees) that can make it harder to ride knees in. Run about a half size big compared to sidi/shimano.

Both: Are light, stiff, have replacable insoles, are a good value for the technology and fabrication, easily found all over the place

Go Forth and ride.

Tom @ Triumph Multisport in Seattle

Bo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both of the shoes. I bought the Shimano TR02's when Specialized road shoes dropped the 2 strap models for all 3 straps. I bought the Specialized Tri-vents almost immediately after they came out. The Shimanos are much easier to get on and off. The tri-vents fit me much better and I have to say I believe the "Body Geometry" with the built in wedge actually works. I still use the Lemond Wedges under the cleats on both (1 less with the Specializeds), so I initially thought I would keep the Shimano's and use them for sprint races since they are essentially brand new and a little faster to put on. However I believe that with the better fit and resulting better speed / power, I believe the 1 - 2 seconds I would gain by the Shimano's easier T-1 are offset, so they are sitting in the closet.

All that said, my wife also replaced her 2 strap Specialized shoes with the Shimano TR02's and that is all she rides in, racing and training. She consistently has some of the fastest T1, T2 and bike splits in the races she does.

Tim Anderson
"It's the nature of the internets that you get some dweeb who knows nothing about (insert topic here) pontificates about (topic), believing that his/her opinion is worth the same as opinions from those who actually knows what's going on." --Echappist
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Anyone tried both the trivent and the new shimano? I am looking to upgrade and these two are on the top of my list as they seem to provide good value.

Wait for the new adidas to be available:

http://www.adidas.com/...rt=CY&Category=3

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply