Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri Bike for short girl
Quote | Reply
My girlfriend is looking into buying a new tri bike. She is little, just barely cracking 5'0". About a year ago she was buying a road bike and had a lot of trouble finding one small enough with components up to her liking. She ended up with a Giant TCR in size XS.

So, what tri bikes do you think we should be looking into? Again, she is 5'0". Also, the bike would preferably fit into the "super bike" category, which makes the fit even more tricky.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Bike for short girl [APKTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
APKTRI wrote:
My girlfriend is looking into buying a new tri bike. She is little, just barely cracking 5'0". About a year ago she was buying a road bike and had a lot of trouble finding one small enough with components up to her liking. She ended up with a Giant TCR in size XS.

So, what tri bikes do you think we should be looking into? Again, she is 5'0". Also, the bike would preferably fit into the "super bike" category, which makes the fit even more tricky.

my wife is in the same boat. she was able to get a cannondale road bike with a 645mm standover height which barely works for her. she's the same height as your girlfriend. the shortest tri bike i've seen is over 700mm. i'll be watching this thread!
Last edited by: jazzymusicman: May 5, 17 13:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Superbike?

Look for a New Old stock 45cm P5

Next bike I would look for is a 47cm DA if she is long bodied.

Next bike would be a 650 wheeled P4 (48?)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this was mentioned in a prior post, but doesn't Cannondale make a 44 cm tri bike?

http://www.cannondale.com/en/USA/Bike/ProductDetail?Id=cb2ea711-a71e-4e92-a50b-d858fb9928c9

Last edited by: KashMoney: May 5, 17 12:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt IA comes in 48. She might be able to fit nicely on that.

Has she ever had a tri bike fitting session? Some numbers would make it super easy, and if she's after a super bike, I'd say 100% necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Bike for short girl [KashMoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That bike would work well for someone that is short bodied but holy cow, it has a lot of trail.

It should ride really, really, really straight.

Damon...what's up with that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cervelo P5 in 45
Cervelo P5x can go down to 530 in stack
Liv Avow in 45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bride is 5'2" and we just bought her a Quintana Roo P5 Di2- in XS/48 and she loves it -

Well worth a look

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Bike for short girl [feman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife is also 5.0" and rides a 48 Quintana Roo PR6 and loves it. She started with the standard 165mm cranks but moved to 150mm and improved her fit even more. She is able to stay in aero for the full bike portion of a 70.3
Quote Reply