Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri Bike Fit Assistance
Quote | Reply
Hi all, I'm quite new here but have been finding bits a pieces of the info I'm looking for tucked throughout the forum. I am hopeful to tap into the advice of several more experienced triathletes to find some good tri bike options. I've been struggling after my prefit to find really any that work for my pad stack and reach. The secondary question is if bikes don't exist stock to look at, what cockpits should I be looking at to maximize my pad stack?

I'm not opposed to building a bike from the ground up if that's the best bet, any and all options on the table. Thanks in advance for any advice to help!

Dimensions:
Pad Stack: 702mm
Pad Reach: 398mm
Saddle Height: 732mm

other dimensions that may or may not matter:
Saddle Fore-aft: 20mm to the rear
Frame stack: 578mm
Frame reach: 408mm
Nose 2 Pad: 430mm - not sure what this dimension is
Nase to Tip: 780mm - really not sure what this one is
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Bike Fit Assistance [bjm417] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry you haven't received much help here, but those numbers aren't really enough to go on. Honestly, your Pad X,Y coordinates, while perhaps ideal for you, strike me as someone who is sitting upright and rearward: "Road biking it" as I like to say. Perhaps you lack the hip mobility to ride a more orthodox position, but usually it is simply lack of knowledge as to how to do this aerobar thing correctly that is the problem.

Research and understand 'anterior pelvic tilt". Was this something you previously understood? Was it explained to you at the fit? Is this degree of movement possible for you?
Quote Reply