Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri & Cycling shoes for hobbit feet
Quote | Reply
I've been a long time Sidi user, but finally (after years) realized that my size 8 hobbit feet would probably fit better in a less narrow shoe (I know they make the Mega sizes). Anyway, since my local shops don't have the best selection of shoes out there, just seeing what the small but wide footed athletes are using for brands/models. Looking to replace both my tri and cycling shoes. Thanks.

Quote | Reply
Do a search for mine, GreenPlease's and SXvegan's posts on our Simmons shoes.

As for running, search for mine and Dev's posts on Altra and my comments on the new Nike Zoomfly. Thanks!

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Tri & Cycling shoes for hobbit feet [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
Do a search for mine, GreenPlease's and SXvegan's posts on our Simmons shoes.

As for running, search for mine and Dev's posts on Altra and my comments on the new Nike Zoomfly. Thanks!

I appreciate the info...however...$1200-$1500 is a bit unrealistic of a price. I'm sure they are great shoes, but my talent can't justify that price.

Quote | Reply
If it's mainly forefoot width you're seeking, Bonts are shaped more like a real foot than most other brands. It's so nice to be able to wiggle your toes as needed.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri & Cycling shoes for hobbit feet [NickG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lake makes wide tri shoes. I have two pairs of the TX 222 Wide.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I have finally found bike shot that are wide enough to handle my feet swelling on long rides. I did get road cycling shoes, not tri shoes. They are Lake wide. I paid attention to the sales on Backcountry and got them at a good price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, Lake and Bont are great options for wide feet. Best of luck!

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized widest foot I've tried.

NickG wrote:
I've been a long time Sidi user, but finally (after years) realized that my size 8 hobbit feet would probably fit better in a less narrow shoe (I know they make the Mega sizes). Anyway, since my local shops don't have the best selection of shoes out there, just seeing what the small but wide footed athletes are using for brands/models. Looking to replace both my tri and cycling shoes. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri & Cycling shoes for hobbit feet [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my hierarchy in case it's useful to anyone (I've tried all of the shoes below)

Narrowest -> Widest

• Specialized Wide
  • Shimano Wide
  • Sidi Mega
  • Lake Wide
  • Bont Wide
  • Simmons Custom :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have wide feet and tried Bonts, never felt quite right and I molded the sole several times.

Ended up in a pair of LG Course Aire Lite's and liked them so much I grabbed a pair of the LG Tri-400s.

Really like them, now if I can train them to be really open for flying mounts... wide feed don't play well with that either.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri & Cycling shoes for hobbit feet [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
I have wide feet and tried Bonts, never felt quite right and I molded the sole several times.

It took me getting really "medieval" on my Bonts to finally make them perfect for my high arched feet. We're talking the use of a high temperature heat gun, substantial forming tools and very high pressure application. The oven heat recommendations from Bont just didn't cut it. Now I really love them.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri & Cycling shoes for hobbit feet [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a fellow wide footer, one of the best shoes I've used over the years was one pf the original LG Tri shoes, back in like '04. They were awesome for me for years until the soles eventually cracked (nylon sole, after like 8 or 9 seasons, I also had a pair of road shoes that i was using for road racing and non-brick training from '08 onwards. I am currently in Diadora's tri-shoe, not a great fit for a wide foot, it gets the job done, but I get toe numbness for longer rides. Looking at options to replace them... may go back to LG...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like the others are saying. Bonts are the way to go. I'll never use another.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had some Lakes but they were pretty low end (but worked)

The Northwave Tribute is super wide and my trainer shoe (which sees 100% of my training).

I race on the Northwave Extreme and its a little tight, definitely not wide like the Tribute.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri & Cycling shoes for hobbit feet [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In agreement here save a switch on the Bont and Lakes, this is in a 47.

Lakes are a also more comfortable shoe for me than the Bonts as the heel counter on Bonts is too high and stiff. They do soften up over time, but I personally do not like that much rear foot control in an upper with cycling shoes.
Quote Reply