Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TriRig tilt kit just arrived today...
Quote | Reply
I'm building up a new race bike and recently picked up a TriRig Alpha X, two Omega X brakes, and the recently released tilt kit. Pictures below. My initial impression is that it is well thought out. As a general thought about the Alpha X, I'm not wild about the arm cups. They're serviceable and the adjustability is nice but I'll likely replace them with Drag2Zero's arm cups once I'm dialed in. The Alpha X itself is shocking light. Nick really did a great job with the packaging and presentation as well. Very Apple-esque and everything is well labeled. The tilt mechanism itself is well thought out and I *think* it should be plenty secure. I need to reach out to Nick to ask about torque specs and whether or not something like Fiber Grip should be used on the tilt mechanism (I doubt it).

Here's a picture *before* I put in the tilt washer so you have an idea of what's going on inside.

Another picture inside *before* installing the tilt washer that sort of shows the curvature inside.

Fully set up with maximum upward tilt (I'll rotate the image later)

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig tilt kit just arrived today... [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I'm not wild about the arm cups.
This is exceptionally generous. They are the worst arm cups I've ever had -- much worse, in fact, than the one's that come with the $120 China carbon open mold front ends you can pick up off Ebay if you don't care about your teeth.
GreenPlease wrote:
Nick really did a great job with the packaging and presentation as well. Very Apple-esque and everything is well labeled.
So he didn't forget to include half of the hardware this time?

I dig the tilt kit, though. Unfortunately, it doesn't help me since my (3T) cups are on top of the base bar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered the exact same package - Alpha X, tilt kit and Omega X brakes. Did you remember to order the no-hanger back plate, so you don't have to run cable housing down to the front brake?

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig tilt kit just arrived today... [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don't have to use housing without the NH back plate, it just aesthetically looks kind of silly without it. Your options are to dremel off the top of the regular one, spend $60 on the NH plate from Tririg, or deal with the very minor vanity issue.

Usually one plate is included with a two pack of the brakes, I believe
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig tilt kit just arrived today... [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think there's a way to tilt with the undercount but I haven't figured it out yet. I've only had it in my hands for about an hour.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do the 3t cups work? I need a more comfortable and wider set up than the Tririg set up allows and I'm ready to abandon my beautiful Alpha X for Aura Pro because the Alpha X is just too uncomfortable for me.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig tilt kit just arrived today... [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They do. The profile design F-35 TT cups are another good option. Definitely wouldn't abandon the whole front end because of the stock cups.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I ordered them with wide aero clamps. It's more the width of the setup and angle of the cups (I think) than the pads. I am really hoping it's all adaptable
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Aug 5, 16 5:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the kind words. The full installation guide will be up in the next couple days. Sorry for the delay. But no, you don't need to use any grip compound on the tilt hardware. Just torque those M6 socket screws to 7-8 Nm and you'll be solid.

The undermount setup for this hardware is admittedly slightly tricky. That will be easiest to describe visually, we are working on those images now.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig tilt kit just arrived today... [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about using blue loctite on the M6 screws?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you comment on why you continue to send those terrible pad and arm cups on such otherwise nice equipment? It really is confounding. I'm considering an Alpha X because, for the most part, it seems to be one of the best/most adjustable bars on the market. Especially now with the tilt hardward. You appear to listen to some complaints - re the tilt hardware. The cups seems like such a simple solve which is why its so surprising you ship such a terrible option on such an otherwise premium product.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shoot, I read TriRig tit kilt, and am disappointed in this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig tilt kit just arrived today... [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're welcome to "fix" the thread if you like ;)

(within forum rules of course)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find the price for the NH black plate to be absolutely extortionist. Particularly when 95% of the reason you would use it is if you either bought a Sigma stem or the Alpha X bars.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig tilt kit just arrived today... [ddsg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ddsg wrote:
I find the price for the NH black plate to be absolutely extortionist. Particularly when 95% of the reason you would use it is if you either bought a Sigma stem or the Alpha X bars.

I know -- complete outrageous. I posted a WTB/ISO for one in the classifieds and Greg Close shipped me one gratis. I will pay it forward if I ever set mine up on my road bike with housing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x3. When I finally saw this in person, I thought the same thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK so I was rummaging through the Alpha X and tilt kit and it took me maybe 3-4 minutes to figure out how the regular (non-tilt) Alpha X parts fit together.

I spent another 10-15 min and couldn't figure out the tilt kit. I know it's a combo of parts from the standard Alpha X and the parts the come with the tilt kit, but was also making sure to keep the parts separate so as not to mix them up. Also I had a 6-month old baby strapped to my chest so that could have affected my puzzle solving ability at the time.

So, going from bottom to top, what parts go in what order? Still no install guide so gotta ask here.

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig tilt kit just arrived today... [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Robert,

We posted the visual guides yesterday, you can find it in the store listing at tririg.com/parts -- we will get written instructions up in the next few days.

The visual guides should be very clear, and they also show which parts are from the tilt kit (in blue) versus which are from the standard Alpha X hardware (in grey).

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Looks pretty clear to me. Thx!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
You're welcome to "fix" the thread if you like ;)

(within forum rules of course)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So the arm pads can be angled with the undercount hardware, correct?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig tilt kit just arrived today... [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wrong thread but I'll take it, lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
So the arm pads can be angled with the undercount hardware, correct?

With the undermount hardware you get two options. Flat, or +10 degrees. With the standard and slammed setups the pads tilt continuously with the extensions.

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Aug 9, 16 21:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post if you were able to set this up. Kinda interested how it is and if it works with other pads/cradles.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig tilt kit just arrived today... [TriZen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got it set up but I'm on a plane to Chicago. Once I get my bike out of its case this evening I'll post some pics. I haven't tried the Vuka pads but brought them along.
Quote Reply

Prev Next