Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TriRig Alpha One with TRP HD-T910 TT Hydraulic Brake Levers
Quote | Reply
Hey all,

Sorry if this topic has already been covered - I looked through the forum but couldn't really find anything on this, specifically.

I just bought the TriRig Alpha One Cockpit (not yet installed on my bike). I am currently running TRP HD-T910 TT Hydraulic brake levers. By design, these levers extend the length of reach forward quit a bit. With my current cockpit set up (aluminum Zipp bars), I was forced to cut the bars down about an inch or so (if memory serves me correctly) in an effort to reel in the overall reach and length of the grip. I am hesitant to do that with the Alpha One bars, should I upgrade my levers down the line. Does anybody have any experience pairing the Alpha One bars to the TRP HD-T910 levers? Or, should I consider new levers right off the bat for this cockpit?

Thanks
Kenny
Last edited by: kptilney: May 16, 22 13:56
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One with TRP HD-T910 TT Hydraulic Brake Levers [kptilney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m building a bike for my girlfriend and she has same bars and brakes. Did you trim the bars down? If so how much?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One with TRP HD-T910 TT Hydraulic Brake Levers [kptilney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I replaced my TRP brake levers with the Shimano Dura-Ace R9180 levers. I really hated how far out the TRP levers sat, and the plastic covers also got very slippery when covered in sweat. The braking power wasn't changed after switching to the Dura-Ace levers (I kept the TRP calipers), it was a worthwhile upgrade.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One with TRP HD-T910 TT Hydraulic Brake Levers [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply!!! My girlfriend doesn’t like the feel or size of Trp levers. Unfortunately we already have sram red drivetrain.
Last edited by: Wfo35: Feb 5, 24 11:33
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One with TRP HD-T910 TT Hydraulic Brake Levers [Wfo35] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try Ride Rever

https://www.riderever.com/product/5/17/28

I also had trp and werent nearly as comfortable. as well as trp has to slide over bars and there are diffirent diameters plus you need to cut shorter the reach.

Rever is similar to sram and shimano. good choice and very comfortable.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One with TRP HD-T910 TT Hydraulic Brake Levers [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the recommendation! I’ll check them out!!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One with TRP HD-T910 TT Hydraulic Brake Levers [Wfo35] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo uses those on the p series too

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One with TRP HD-T910 TT Hydraulic Brake Levers [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryanppax wrote:
Cervelo uses those on the p series too

I have her p series cervelo build complete minus brakes and saddle. I purchased the Trp TT brakes and she doesn’t like how they feel on her hand. Now I have to list them for sale.
Last edited by: Wfo35: Feb 6, 24 17:12
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One with TRP HD-T910 TT Hydraulic Brake Levers [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plus one for riderever, cheap and great performance with adjustability. Also easy to get to lock screw to tighten and loosen for air travel to limit damage.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One with TRP HD-T910 TT Hydraulic Brake Levers [Craigfsl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info! Think I will be listing these new Trp tt brakes up for sale and going that route.
Quote Reply