Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tremblant Sellouts...already
Quote | Reply
I just got news that the 70.3 at Tremblant sold out in 12 hours. Those of you on the fence about the 140.6 I am told, you better get on it ASAP (unfortunately they could not tell me how close the race is to sellout). Last year it was open for around a week. Personally I have done every 70.3 and 140.6 so far at the resort. Between the resort experience and course and organization,if you've been around the sport, you'll be very pleased with the trip and the entire user experience. Where at some places you feel that triathlon is force fit into a community and we are intruding, at Tremblant, "we're the main event" literally all summer long. They even have aid stations set up along the bike and run course for athletes in training every week. When you drive into town, from May to Sep, there are big flashing signs saying "Attention, Partager la route, Ironman en Entrainement" , which translates to "Share the road, Ironman athletes in training"
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant Sellouts...already [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a great experience and well run event for my 1st IM. I'd definitely race there again. Great for families and the venue has a great course. They did misplace my bike/run bag after the race, but found it in the lost & found and will ship it back to me in NY. Mike Reilly rated IMMT top 5 and did the ice bucket challenge at midnight. Even though I fell apart on the 2nd half of the bike and had to walk/run the marathon, you can't beat having the fans out there all day/night long. Bravo!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was on the fence about the 70.3 - figured I'd have a few days to think about it and try to talk some others into going.

I guess not! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was an excellent venue. I can it seeing being one of the most popular IM locations in the world, just like Montreal is one of the most popular Formula One races. Good job Quebec.

I even lost my cell phone on the weekend and it was turned in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw that last night. Looks like there aren't even any of the double price foundation slots left.
I got in for both on Friday, but unfortunate for those who thought they'd have time to think about it!

Edit - whoops, looks like you still can in fact register for the foundation slot ($600+). It wasn't showing on the 'Active' site last night...
Last edited by: gibson00: Aug 19, 14 7:28
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant Sellouts...already [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only got back from Canada last night and the 70.3 regular slots were sold out! I got myself a Foundation spot though. Other than knowing a portion of my entry goes to charity, do I get anything else special? I think I've seen IM Foundation trucker hats but anything else?
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant Sellouts...already [wasasherpafirst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If nothing else, I believe half the entry fee (the 'donation' part) is tax deductible.
So maybe you'll get ~ $100 back on your taxes in the new year..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So much for Muskoka pulling market share away. I'm surprised. In a positive way. Curious now how Muskoka plays out.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant Sellouts...already [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I thought that Muskoka would slow Tremblant 140.6 registrations, but that does not appear to be the case. Perhaps with Placid sold out, people aren't wasting any more time waffling on their 140.6 choice for next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Between the resort experience and course and organization,if you've been around the sport, you'll be very pleased with the trip and the entire user experience. Where at some places you feel that triathlon is force fit into a community and we are intruding, at Tremblant, "we're the main event" literally all summer long. They even have aid stations set up along the bike and run course for athletes in training every week. When you drive into town, from May to Sep, there are big flashing signs saying "Attention, Partager la route, Ironman en Entrainement" , which translates to "Share the road, Ironman athletes in training"

Hi Dev,

Apologies if you've done this already, but how does Tremblant compare with Whistler? Both as a destination and a race?

Fwiw, I did Whistler this year and would give it 10/10 on both criteria.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant Sellouts...already [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scott, they are both amazing venues, if you like Whistler you will like Tremblant. Dev can answer the course question as he has done them both!
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant Sellouts...already [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Between the resort experience and course and organization,if you've been around the sport, you'll be very pleased with the trip and the entire user experience. Where at some places you feel that triathlon is force fit into a community and we are intruding, at Tremblant, "we're the main event" literally all summer long. They even have aid stations set up along the bike and run course for athletes in training every week. When you drive into town, from May to Sep, there are big flashing signs saying "Attention, Partager la route, Ironman en Entrainement" , which translates to "Share the road, Ironman athletes in training"

Hi Dev,

Apologies if you've done this already, but how does Tremblant compare with Whistler? Both as a destination and a race?

Fwiw, I did Whistler this year and would give it 10/10 on both criteria.

Scott

In my race report, I wrote that Whislter is like Tremblant on Steroids+EPO+HGH :-). Both are fantastic races. If you give Whistler a 10 on both, I'd give Tremblant a 9 on both. I like the swim better at Whistler, and prefer the bike better there too, but most would prefer the Tremblant bike as the climbing is more split up (Tremblant bike is 2050m of vertical, Whistler 2200m....Tremblant was 5;25 off 181 W, Whistler 5:30 off 182W). The run on both I find tough, but i just find IM runs brutally tough too. Most will prefer the Tremblant run as you can get into a solid groove on some consistent grades. At Whistler, you are constantly going up and down and changing grades....mentally i like that variation, but physiologically, I think Tremblant is a tough easier. Vacation experience wise, the resort and mountain at Tremblant are smaller, but still very comprehensive and I'd say out of all the other WTC venues I have been to only Whistler and Nice surpass Tremblant from the vacation side in terms of amenities close to the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer Temblant as I can drive there in under 2 hours, as opposed to flying/taxi to Whistler for much, much more money and time.

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant Sellouts...already [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first time in Mont Tremblant.... awesome experience, great venue, great volunteers, great course. Riding on a closed down highway that is glass smooth was incredible. The hills headed out Chemin Duplessis are challenging but zoom zoom fast on the way back into town.

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply