Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek 7.0 to 7.5 and paint job.
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to share my SC project.

Bike front end was upgraded to 7.5 as well as the groupset and paint job.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek 7.0 to 7.5 and paint job. [Thi011] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great! Any more info on the process?
Quote Reply
Re: Trek 7.0 to 7.5 and paint job. [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guess it's all in the pictures.

Had the 7.0 frame and bought an used 7.5 cockpit. A friend of mine did the paint job here in Brazil and the groupset was bought on eBay.

Wheels are bootlegs chinese. Hopefully will get something decent soon.. So far I don't have any complain on them though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. Should have been clearer was more interested in the painting of it. Is your friend a professional? Or just some DIY guy who painted a $3k bike for fun?
Quote Reply
Re: Trek 7.0 to 7.5 and paint job. [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes he's a professional and have been working on carbon frames for the last 30 years. Repairing, painting for teams as well, he does really cool stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice. You wouldn’t know it wasn’t a Project 1 bike.

So was this a real budget build where you got a Miller deal on parts or was the overal price still kinda high compared to a new bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Trek 7.0 to 7.5 and paint job. [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn’t spend too much at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice!
I would love to have my SC re-sprayed, but the typical cost here in US or Canada is north of $1000 for a paint job, too much to put into a 6 year old frame... :(
Quote Reply
Re: Trek 7.0 to 7.5 and paint job. [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine had his SC 9.9 professionaly wraped with matte black decal material.

I got really impressed. Pretty clean, fast and even cheapper service. Also if he wants to take it all off in the future it’s possible.

I’ll take some pictures of his bike and make a topic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thi011 wrote:
A friend of mine had his SC 9.9 professionaly wraped with matte black decal material.

I got really impressed. Pretty clean, fast and even cheapper service. Also if he wants to take it all off in the future it’s possible.

I’ll take some pictures of his bike and make a topic.

Thanks, I've thought about that. Also thought about spraying with black plasti dip.
Quote Reply