Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Transition Gear bags.....recommendations
Quote | Reply
I have 2 of the very first DeSoto backpack gear bags.......they still function but are getting a little long in the tooth the inside backing is peeling off.......I am looking for a replacement........

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Gear bags.....recommendations [Bladed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really love my Akona tri bag - just the right size w. a wetsuit compartment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jandd Quick Change Bag Pro www.jandd.com
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Gear bags.....recommendations [GO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have started using the bag from Rocket Science Sports. www.rocketsciencesports.com It is great. You can fit a lot of stuff in there including your aero helmet.

Racer-PX
Team Planet X Tyros
Team Masters PR Officer
Last edited by: Racer-PX: Mar 13, 07 4:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Tyr Transition backpack. great investment, not too much cash, can fit everything I need plus more. has great padding, extra space on the bottom for wet stuff, water bottle holders on the side, and a bungee cord on the outside for anything else that you could want.
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Gear bags.....recommendations [Trichiquita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another thumbs up for the Akona Biospeed bag...works well and tons of room.

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the Tyr bag, but the new DeSoto one looks pretty sick! Not sure what changes have been made since the one you have, but knowing Emilio, I'm sure everything's super-functional.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stay away from the Zoot training backpack... really too small to be functional as a gear bag... just my $.02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Jandd Quick Change Bag
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have one that people seem to dig. I use it, and really like it for race day. It is a little big for daily pool visits, or what not, but great for races, especially wetsuit races. You can use it as a carry bag, or pull out the backpack straps and wear it. If anyone is using our Zipp Gear bag, and like it, or hate it, please let me know. If you haven't seen it go to www.Zipp.com.

Fit matters most. None of that aero sh*$ means beans if you are monkey humping the bike up and down the road… anonymous
51Speed Shop fitter and consultant
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Gear bags.....recommendations [IndyTriRip@Zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
second on the TYR Transition bag, tons of space for all of my SHTUFF and nice compartments for seperation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Zipp bag and love it. Especially this time of year when the weather changes hourly. I can throw a couple of clothing options in there and still have room for the stuff I use on a daily basis. Yes it is big but that is one of the things I really like about it. I like all of the small pockets on the inside that keeps all of my gizmos and gadgets organized.
Last edited by: jase714: Mar 13, 07 9:04
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Gear bags.....recommendations [jase714] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would make sure and check the Rocket Science Bag out. Had it for a couple of years and it is great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Antoher vote for the Zipp, got one for christmas and it holds everything!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a old DeSoto bag as well. Still works great for trips to the pool, etc. But too small for a true transition bag (i just have too much crap with me, I think).

Check out the Zoot Sports Tri Bag. http://zootsports.com/products/3020.html

I love it. It can carry everything and has compartments to keep it all organized.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the TYR one, it was cheaper than the other larger ones and has a load of useful compartments etc. I don't know if I take too much crap to races (probably) but I can't get everything (size 12 running shoes, bike shoes, wetsuit, aero helmet, towel etc) in at once...I don't think any of the other bags would help much though :)

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Gear bags.....recommendations [Trichiquita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you using the Akona race backpack or transition bag? thanks.

Thanks to Euro-Sports for my H3Cs.

http://www.euro-sports.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Gear bags.....recommendations [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think the tyr would fit a Spiuk helmet?

http://www.bike-tuning.net/shop/product_info.php?info=p278_Spiuk-Kronos-TT.html

You say the TYR doesn't fit all your items what is a bigger bag you would get instead?
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Gear bags.....recommendations [onabubble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And another vote for the Zipp bag. Really well thought out for going to the races. I flew with it to several races and it worked perfectly both for traveling (used the backpack straps through the airport) and at the race. Too large for going to the gym, but that's ok.

Hed Case
Madison WI

John Hollenhorst
St Pete Beach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the TYR bag and think that it is great. Big enough that I can bring far more crap than I will ever need. Similar to some of the others mentioned but I think it is cheaper. The expanding wetsuit pocket thing on the bottom is convenient. Only thing I do not like is the shoe compartments,they are a bit strange in my opinion. Hope this is helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Gear bags.....recommendations [boney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the backpack and love it. : )
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Gear bags.....recommendations [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is an area for a helmet on the front with a clip and an elastic strap arrangement. A road helmet is no problem, I just about managed to get a LG Prologue in there last year (I kept it in the helmet bag so I could tie it on with the string) but I've swtiched to a LG Rocket this year and I'm not confident that will fit with the longer tail...but I haven't tried it yet. It gets harder to attach stuff to the outside if the bag is full and bulging.

Depending on what you do with your shoes etc you could possibly put the helmet in the bag. I'm not particularly good at wheeling my bike around with the shoes attached so I don't do that until it's racked, meaning the bike shoes go in the bag. I'm 6'2" with big feet so my wetsuit and shoes are big. I normally have sweats too as it's cold in the mornings. Just a bit too much stuff for the bag to be easy to use.

I don't think that there are any bags out there that are substantially bigger though. Certainly not without being obnoxious in the transition area.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like most Zipp products, it is well-engineered, very thoughtful, top of the heap, with a $125 price tag to match. So of course it's the only one I sell.

Boring finance guy now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the Jandd Quick Change bag. Awesome, well thought out -- good compartments, super durable nylon, just the right size, good value. This one will last you just as long or longer than the DeSoto.
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Gear bags.....recommendations [trohat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the Zipp bag for x-mas and I have to say that they thought of everything. The only thing that I say is wrong with it is tha tthe shoe compartments are a bt small.

Matt
Race-Ready Endurance Training
Team BIKEWAY.com
NYPD Racing
Quote Reply

Prev Next