Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by loren
Re: Transdermal Nutrient Delivery [karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, this could be huge. Could you imagine? I'd be all over it. (actually, it would be all over me...)

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As far as I can tell these do not work like nicotine/birthcontrol patches. Those use bascially what is a resin that allows the drug to diffse accross your skin...

This would basically be implanted (just externally) which would measure and deliver micronutrients...

However even if this was available for civilian use it probably cannot deliver glucose (macronutrient) it could theoretically control sodium potassium levels.

Also generally biomedical devices cost along the order of tens of thousands of dollars (device, maintenance, supplies, etc. ) not really worth it...

call me a wetblanket, skeptic, or whatever... I'm gonna go ea a bagel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What would be the advantage? Seems like the good 'ol gastrointestinal tract, exquisitely evolved over zillions of years to absorb nutrients and deliver them to the blood stream, is far better than a little patch on the skin.
On the other hand, maybe that's why I see the pros dumping those Gatorade cups over their heads. I always thought they were dumping water for the cooling effect but maybe they're absorbing Gatorade® transdermally. ;-)
Quote Reply
the low cost alternative ... [karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just slather yourself in peanut butter, or jam if you want more carbs.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply