Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Trainer Road Android Today!!!
Quote | Reply
Pretty excited it starts with Android today seems like a good app!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road Android Today!!! [StevenTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it looks great! I think I'll give it a try for my workout tomorrow.

It seems to recognise the internal ANT+ chip in my Samsung Galaxy S5, which is good news.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road Android Today!!! [aw3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys! It should work with with built in ANT (if your phone supports it) OR you can plug in a dongle (which is pretty neat).

If you have any questions let me know.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road Android Today!!! [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nate, do you know if this will work on a Chromebook when Android apps become available on CB?

If it does I can be "Windows Free"!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road Android Today!!! [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Nate, do you know if this will work on a Chromebook when Android apps become available on CB?

That's a really good question....

I'm guessing the answer is yes, but we haven't tested it. I'm buying one right now to test it out :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Android apps won't work onChromebook just yet, but chromebook users wifi have access to them by the end of the year. Chromebooks are so easy and fast to use, you'll never want to pick up a PC or Mac again unless you have to.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have (or are you aware of) a list of phones that have built-in ANT+ and support? I saw a thread on XDA, but it seemed a bit of a mess.

I'm an iOS guy, but like the idea of getting an old cheapo android tablet or phone to just stick next to the bike for TR only.

An aside -- I keep trying to find a better solution for video workouts. My netbook struggles to keep up at times, I don't want to buy a new PC just for TR, but also don't want to lug my "real" laptop down to the workout room.

So far I've been doing iPhone + playing videos from an external HD to an Xbox, but maintaining sync can be a pain (both at start, and while doing spindown mid-workout on the SNAP).
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road Android Today!!! [nord0296] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a directory of devices with in-built ANT+ chips on http://www.thisisant.com, just filter for phones/tablets/whatever you're interested in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
Sweeney wrote:

I'm guessing the answer is yes, but we haven't tested it. I'm buying one right now to test it out :).
I have an AcerR11 Chromebook, it is one of the models with Android apps already available. I installed TrainerRoad on the Chromebook just fine. It has Bluetooth, so it should work. I'll test it out later this week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nord0296 wrote:
Do you have (or are you aware of) a list of phones that have built-in ANT+ and support? I saw a thread on XDA, but it seemed a bit of a mess.

I'm an iOS guy, but like the idea of getting an old cheapo android tablet or phone to just stick next to the bike for TR only.

An aside -- I keep trying to find a better solution for video workouts. My netbook struggles to keep up at times, I don't want to buy a new PC just for TR, but also don't want to lug my "real" laptop down to the workout room.

So far I've been doing iPhone + playing videos from an external HD to an Xbox, but maintaining sync can be a pain (both at start, and while doing spindown mid-workout on the SNAP).

An older Sony Experia Z3 phone would be perfect. Ant+ built in and IP67 water rating. I have a Z3 so this Android app will push me over the edge to re activate my TR account.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nord0296 wrote:

You can go here: https://www.thisisant.com/directory

Then filter under categories "Mobile phones and devices".

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road Android Today!!! [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ellsworth53T wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:
Sweeney wrote:

I have an AcerR11 Chromebook, it is one of the models with Android apps already available. I installed TrainerRoad on the Chromebook just fine. It has Bluetooth, so it should work. I'll test it out later this week.

Fantastic! Let me know how it goes with BT :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys, mostly useful... although I think the LG G3 has ANT+ and is not listed (it just makes me wonder what else is missing). Maybe I'm wrong about the G3 though?

Similarly I've seen reports that the G4 works if you some manipulating of drivers and such (just googling around, can't confirm).

Maybe I'll have to dig for an Xperia, or just settle for OTG :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just get an old Samsung S4. This was the fist version to have ANT+ enabled.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an LG G3, I used it with a Wahoo Blue speed cadence sensor (Bluetooth). I don't believe the phone has Ant+.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ellsworth53T wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:
Sweeney wrote:

Does it work ''full screen'' or phone size

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate,
I just got home and tried to use my R11 Chromebook. The software seems to work fine but it's not detecting my BlueSC. The Chromebook itself detects the BlueSc fine, just seemingly not the software.
Here is an image if that's helps. I guess I could've taken a screenshot....it's been a long day.

Im pleased as punch to be able to use it on my phone now and am less concerned about using it on the Chromebook, but let me know if there's anything I can do to help you guys diagnose this.
Last edited by: Ellsworth53T: Sep 26, 16 17:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
Thanks guys! It should work with with built in ANT (if your phone supports it) OR you can plug in a dongle (which is pretty neat).

If you have any questions let me know.

Oh thank God. The tyranny of the iPhone has ended...
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road Android Today!!! [clutchy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those that have used TR on your iPhone, how is the experience on a phone?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road Android Today!!! [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rumpled wrote:
For those that have used TR on your iPhone, how is the experience on a phone?

It's fine. It doesn't have ANT+ built in though. I was using an old iPhone temporarily.

No more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be giving it a try tonight with my old Note 3. I installed the app last night and it looks like it's working fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ellsworth53T wrote:
Nate,
I just got home and tried to use my R11 Chromebook. The software seems to work fine but it's not detecting my BlueSC. The Chromebook itself detects the BlueSc fine, just seemingly not the software.
Here is an image if that's helps. I guess I could've taken a screenshot....it's been a long day.

Im pleased as punch to be able to use it on my phone now and am less concerned about using it on the Chromebook, but let me know if there's anything I can do to help you guys diagnose this.

Awesome! Can you try not pairing the blue SC with your chrome book? I know it's weird, but if your Chromebook pairs it we don't have access to it. Just try to let the app handle it.

I actually bought that exact Chromebook yesterday, so if that doesn't work we'll be able to debug it here in the office.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate,

I unpaired the device from my Chromebook and tried to let the TrainerRoad app find the sensor, but the app doesn't pick up the device. I can look in the Chromebook settings and it still detects the device, so it is getting a signal, but the app isn't discovering it.

Keep me up to date on your experience with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ellsworth53T wrote:
Nate,

I unpaired the device from my Chromebook and tried to let the TrainerRoad app find the sensor, but the app doesn't pick up the device. I can look in the Chromebook settings and it still detects the device, so it is getting a signal, but the app isn't discovering it.

Ah shoot! Okay, thanks for the update. Nate ordered the Chromebook so we'll keep you up-to-speed once it arrives and we've figured everything out on our end. Thanks for your patience!

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ellsworth53T wrote:
Nate,

We got the Chromebook and we're having issues too. We're going to wait for the Andromeda announcement/release (should be VERY soon) and build support into that if we can.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply

Prev Next