Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TrainerRoad, iOS, Quarq, Bluetooth, and Ant+....Oh my
Quote | Reply
TrainerRoad has an iOS app now. Great, I'd love to use my iPad and/or iPhone instead of my laptop.

But given that Quarqs are not Bluetooth, and Apple products are not Ant+, what's one to do?

Do I really have to buy a 30-pin ANT key, and a lightning to 30-pin adapter?
Quote Reply
Re: TrainerRoad, iOS, Quarq, Bluetooth, and Ant+....Oh my [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grosso27 wrote:
TrainerRoad has an iOS app now. Great, I'd love to use my iPad and/or iPhone instead of my laptop.

But given that Quarqs are not Bluetooth, and Apple products are not Ant+, what's one to do?

Do I really have to buy a 30-pin ANT key, and a lightning to 30-pin adapter?

Yes.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainerRoad, iOS, Quarq, Bluetooth, and Ant+....Oh my [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to trainer road they only support the ANT+ key from wahoo fitness. If your device has a lightening connector instead of a 30pin connector you will also need the lightening to 30 pin adaptor

From their website: http://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/201618914-ANT-#iOS

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As others have said, yes :(. It's a nice investment though :).

I'm hoping quarq comes out with dual band support soon.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Unfortunately, the ANT+ dongle isn't yet manufactured to fit Lightening devices. Thus, a 30 Pin adapter is necessary.

Gee, I wonder when it would be a good time to get that ball rolling?
Quote Reply
Re: TrainerRoad, iOS, Quarq, Bluetooth, and Ant+....Oh my [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
commendatore wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately, the ANT+ dongle isn't yet manufactured to fit Lightening devices. Thus, a 30 Pin adapter is necessary.

Gee, I wonder when it would be a good time to get that ball rolling?

Probably 2 years ago was that time
Quote Reply