Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tower 26 video series...good stuff from Gerry Rodrigues!! [twomarks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Time to download them before they disappear again!
Quote Reply
Re: Tower 26 video series...good stuff from Gerry Rodrigues!! [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just came across this post. Those videos are awesome. I've read some of the Tower 26 but the videos are awesome. I really like his statement "there are no shortcuts" It's nothing I didn't know but it's something that bears repeating over and over and over
Quote Reply
Re: Tower 26 video series...good stuff from Gerry Rodrigues!! [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love this series and his approach to triathlon swimming... very practical and just seems to be dead on for what many of us want/need to reach our triathlon goals. I saw this series a while ago and then poured through his site http://tower26.com/

He's recently started a Podcast that goes over much of the video info and delves deeper into some areas... while keeping it relatively simple as he does. Podcast is: Triathlon Swimming with Tower 26 - Be Race Ready Podcast Roughly 30 minutes or less which is a great commute listen for me. Currently up to 11 episodes.

Between he and my coach, I've dropped 5 seconds per 100 off of my times in a few months... I've got a bit of work to do on step one in his program.. I'm not always taut but I'm focusing on fixing that.

His basic steps to successful tri swimming... work the step in this order with a good "prescription".

1. tautness
2. alignment
3. propulsion
Last edited by: xeon: Jun 21, 16 10:07
Quote Reply
Re: Tower 26 video series...good stuff from Gerry Rodrigues!! [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
Love this series and his approach to triathlon swimming... very practical and just seems to be dead on for what many of us want/need to reach our triathlon goals. I saw this series a while ago and then poured through his site http://tower26.com/

He's recently started a Podcast that goes over much of the video info and delves deeper into some areas... while keeping it relatively simple as he does. Podcast is: Triathlon Swimming with Tower 26 - Be Race Ready Podcast Roughly 30 minutes or less which is a great commute listen for me. Currently up to 11 episodes.

Between he and my coach, I've dropped 5 seconds per 100 off of my times in a few months... I've got a bit of work to do on step one in his program.. I'm not always taut but I'm focusing on fixing that.

I've listened to the podcast. It's good. I definitely have a lot of work to do but step 1 is just swim more and have harder sets. I've never used a swimming snorkel before so will definitely start doing that. It's really shocking at first when he says triathletes need a minimum of one 90 minute swim session per week and two is better.
Quote Reply

Prev Next