Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017
Quote | Reply
The TOUGHMAN series is continuing to grow!!!

http://toughmantri.com/

I'm also excited about it growing each year.

TOUGHMAN Argentina TOUGHMAN Arizona TOUGHMAN Wisconsin TOUGHMAN Utah TOUGHMAN Costa Rica

TOUGHMAN Mexico TOUGHMAN Indiana TOUGHMAN Chile TOUGHMAN New Mexico

TOUGHMAN Washington State TOUGHMAN Minnesota TOUGHMAN Puerto Rico TOUGHMAN Tennessee

http://www.toughmantri.com

https://robinsonsstrengthandendurancecoaching.wordpress.com/

Last edited by: wprobinson: Sep 22, 16 17:35
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [wprobinson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatever they do, I hope they do NOT merge with Challenge. Toughman just sounds ... well, so much tougher than Challenge. Not to mention that Challenge devalued their brand in North America by not ensuring that their initial races here were top notch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great to see something growing when most other races are shrinking. Put on a quality event, and they will come.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Idk,I disagree. I think Toughman sounds pretty stupid. They could have tried to be a little more unique instead of basically stealing the Ironman name. I know they want to link the two but to me Challenge sounds better. Regardless, if they make a great race affordable I would do it.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [alien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll grant you that it could be more original, especially since someone not into endurance sports might confuse it with Tough Mudder. But the Challenge name isn't that exciting. Heck a donut race is a challenge.

Still, we both agree that quality and affordable races is a good thing, not to mention that WTC needs competition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alien wrote:
Idk,I disagree. I think Toughman sounds pretty stupid. They could have tried to be a little more unique instead of basically stealing the Ironman name. I know they want to link the two but to me Challenge sounds better. Regardless, if they make a great race affordable I would do it.

well then, have you done a HITS race then?

they had the gusto going for them say 2 years ago.... but the championship race is always in palms springs during monsoon season of december...... 50* water and rain/wind.

i like competitive tri brands, but these guys dont even have a championship or something to build up to. that is something the lifetime series had, until their title sponsor bailed and they spit on the pro's
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did Hits Olympic a couple years ago. Around here their runs for all distances are on sand. The 10k is about all I enjoy in sand. Plus they don't have anything to push for, like you said, a championship race. I like that Powerman has a Championship race for top 5 in each age group but looking at the past results it seems you would be lucky to have 5 people show up in your age group. Plus, it's a Duathlon race. I really think that is all the competitors are lacking. Hell, just have a normal race in North Carolina or wherever and call it North American Championship race. Top 5 in each Age Group automatically qualify. Rolls down if you don't accept slot. People will sign up since Top 5 get slots. Gives them something to brag about. You don't really need Hawaii. It's expensive anyway.

Edit 1., if not enough people qualify then open it to regular entry but give the Championship Qualifiers special swim caps and they go off first in a different race category.

Edit 2. I have never done Kona.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Last edited by: alien: Sep 22, 16 19:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Whatever they do, I hope they do NOT merge with Challenge. Toughman just sounds ... well, so much tougher than Challenge. Not to mention that Challenge devalued their brand in North America by not ensuring that their initial races here were top notch.

Toughman is an awful name.
Are the races all tough? Are they only for a "man"?
The UTAH race is the "flattest and fastest half in the west!" Doesn't sound tough to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
i like competitive tri brands, but these guys dont even have a championship or something to build up to. that is something the lifetime series had, until their title sponsor bailed and they spit on the pro's

TOUGHMAN does have an age group championship race weekend in New York with cash prizes: September 17, 2017.

I genuinely hope people will keep an eye on this series and give it a try. TOUGHMAN is now up to 14 races in 5 countries in 2017 and there are more coming.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Toughman is an awful name.
Are the races all tough? Are they only for a "man"?
The UTAH race is the "flattest and fastest half in the west!" Doesn't sound tough to me.

I don't think I'm going to win this argument! :) It's like asking if all Ironman races are iron hard. No series name will satisfy everyone. As to the 'man' part ... as soon as you start saying 'Congratulations, you are an iron person!', sales will plummet. I don't hear women objecting or leaving the sport because of it. They sign up in the thousands. It's not politically correct by today's standards, but the market has spoken.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing Wayne!

Raced TOUGHMAN for 5 years in a row now. Can't wait for 2017 :-)

TOUGHMAN New York Championship Race Report - http://chanthony.com/toughmanny2016/

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for helping the community grow! Its great to see you guys doing well along with Rev3. Hope for more success in 2017!

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the Toughman NY race last week - very well run, will definitely be looking for Toughman events in the future!

And I can attest to the fact that the NY course is, in fact, tough.
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [mstp2017] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the "original" course 2x plus 1x on the "old course" last year and this one in Harriman. The new course (bike and run) was harder than the previous 2 versions at Croton. Overall, it was great except the 1st and last few miles of the bike course. I also did the Challenge AC half for the experience last year and I still can't comprehend why It sold out this year under Ironman brand.....I know, I know it's Ironman. I'll go to Harriman anytime but AC...meh.
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
synthetic wrote:

TOUGHMAN does have an age group championship race weekend in New York with cash prizes: September 17, 2017.

I genuinely hope people will keep an eye on this series and give it a try. TOUGHMAN is now up to 14 races in 5 countries in 2017 and there are more coming.

quick look around i didnt see that, definitely should be advertised more.

alien wrote:
I did Hits Olympic a couple years ago. Around here their runs for all distances are on sand. The 10k is about all I enjoy in sand. Plus they don't have anything to push for, like you said, a championship race. I like that Powerman has a Championship race for top 5 in each age group but looking at the past results it seems you would be lucky to have 5 people show up in your age group. Plus, it's a Duathlon race. I really think that is all the competitors are lacking. Hell, just have a normal race in North Carolina or wherever and call it North American Championship race. Top 5 in each Age Group automatically qualify. Rolls down if you don't accept slot. People will sign up since Top 5 get slots. Gives them something to brag about. You don't really need Hawaii. It's expensive anyway.

Edit 1., if not enough people qualify then open it to regular entry but give the Championship Qualifiers special swim caps and they go off first in a different race category.

ive done 2, and they werent in sand. nice flat road. And.... they did have a championship , which they have done away with. it had a points system, but due to bad reviews of were the race was, participation in attempting to qualify dropped
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“Save the date. TOUGHMAN series announces a new addition-TOUGHMAN SOUTH Carolina will join the TOUGHMAN Half Iron series for Sept 30th 2017! More details to come. Registration will be opening this month.”

Toughman Half Race Series continues to add more and more races every year.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

New TOUGHMAN Brazil Race will be October 14, 2017 in the 3rd largest city in Belo Horizonte Brazil. This will be part of the new Pan American Championship which will take place at TOUGHMAN Chile.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wprobinson wrote:

New TOUGHMAN Brazil Race will be October 14, 2017 in the 3rd largest city in Belo Horizonte Brazil. This will be part of the new Pan American Championship which will take place at TOUGHMAN Chile.

Very cool we actually have a non WTC series growing.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [pinoyako] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done the original in croton plus the Harriman Olympic twice. How in the heck did they make the new run tougher than the old? (The bike I understand)
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [Longcourse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Longcourse wrote:
I've done the original in croton plus the Harriman Olympic twice. How in the heck did they make the new run tougher than the old? (The bike I understand)

It's called Toughman. Where there is a will. There's a way.

Not every course has to be flat and "easy" but you know that having done the old course and Harriman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Belo Horizonte won't be easy, there's literally nothing flat there unless you're way out of town, and then I think you'll still have tough conditions. Good luck! Nice to see more races coming out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alien wrote:

That's pure marketing hype or a bald faced lie if you prefer. Anyone can register ... today if you like ... for the Powerman Zofingen Championship without having ever done a Powerman race. Powerman Zofingen (long course) has two simultaneous race divisions. One is the ITU World Long Course Duathlon Championship for which the only entry path is your national federation. The other is the open age group division. The ITU men's race starts at 9am and the Open Race starts at 9:02am. Results are scored separately. The only entry requirement for the age group division is paying the registration fee. The sooner you do so, the cheaper it is. Check their race site for the registration schedule of fees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if there is still Toughman Tupper Lake at the end of June? It's timing worked well with Ironman Placid
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman Race Continues to grow in 2017 [sammydog1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently not. http://www.toughmantri.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry. Is it just me? I don't see it on their race schedule. Am I missing something? It used to be the end of June, 4 weeks out from Placid.
Quote Reply

Prev Next