Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Torhans VR - too much gap?
Quote | Reply
Just installed my Torhans VR on my B16. I was hoping it'd be a little tighter. Is this close enough to at least be aero neutral? I'm hoping to use it for storage, so I don't want to cut it if it's going to make me slower than other options.

Quote Reply
Re: Torhans VR - too much gap? [roacher78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump. What say you aero experts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not an aero expert but that gap looks similar to the gap I have on a DA4. My understanding it has been tested as an advantage on the DA so I would say you are at least neutral.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same gap on my S22. I emailed them and was assured their aero data showed it was actually still an advantage. Either way, I figure it's better than the spare bag that used to hang under my seat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make sure it stays in the center of the line and you'll be fine. I found I had to really pay attention and slowly tighten the bottle bosses down very slowly and meticulously. It's better than a regular bottle or saddle bag in any case.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans VR - too much gap? [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, feeling better with these responses. I was hoping it would be a little tighter, but as long as it's still aero and holds my junk it'll be alright.

I could see how it could come out of center. Those bosses were tough to get in there, especially the bottom one. It's not screwed into the frame very far, but it seems secure enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used a drill bit to drill a hole through the outer black piece so I could just get a Allen key in. I think of it as my single golf ball hole for extra aero badness LOL

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply