Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Top Triathlon Club vote
Quote | Reply
We are planning to honor the best Triathlon Club with a special award. It is open to triathlon clubs from around the world but we do not want the nominees to be simply chosen by our staff. We want you (our forum members) to nominate these clubs.

So please list the Triathlon Club we should consider for this ballot with the following information.

- club age
- what makes it special
Last edited by: Herbert: Oct 23, 15 8:37
Quote Reply
Re: Top Triathlon Club vote [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to nominate a local team that I'm semi-affiliated with through my bike fitting business:

- Tatum's Bags of Fun Multisport Team
- Central Indiana
- Maybe 25-30 people?
- A few years
- Tatum's bags of fun is a charity to raise money to supply kids going through cancer treatment with backpacks full of games and toys to make cancer not suck quite as much (my words, not theirs). I found their cause to be really neat, as the idea of kids getting cancer really bothers me, especially as a parent. I think they are a unique enough team to deserve a nomination.

http://tatumsbagsoffun.com/team/

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
We are planning to honor the best Triathlon Club with a special award. It is open to triathlon clubs from around the world but we do not want the nominees to be simply chosen by our staff. We want you (our forum members) to nominate these clubs.

So please list the Triathlon Club we should consider for this ballot with the following information.

Team RWB http://www.teamrwb.org/our-approach/mission

- location - National
- club size - Over 1,700
- club age - Less than 5 years
- what makes it special - Team RWBs mission is to enrich the lives of Americas veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity.

One of our members also made the podium at Kona this year.
Last edited by: B.McMaster: Oct 24, 15 3:34
Quote Reply
Re: Top Triathlon Club vote [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
Herbert wrote:

- location - National
- club size - Over 2,500
- what makes it special - Team RWBs mission is to enrich the lives of Americas veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity. Esprit de Corps

We are also ranked 6th in the US and 11th world in the Ironman Tri club rankings http://www.ironman.com/...-overall.aspx?cn=red

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Last edited by: Billabong: Oct 23, 15 11:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Endurance Nation

- location - Worldwide
- club size - 700+
- club age - 9yrs
- what makes it special - Great training plans, forums , and a community of athletes that share and collaborate with each other. 2-time winners of the Ironman Tri Club Competition, Division I, and on track for a 3-peat.

Tim Cronk - 6yr EN member
Quote Reply
Re: Top Triathlon Club vote [cobalt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cobalt wrote:
Endurance Nation

- location - Worldwide
- club size - 700+
- club age - 9yrs
- what makes it special - Great training plans, forums , and a community of athletes that share and collaborate with each other. 2-time winners of the Ironman Tri Club Competition, Division I, and on track for a 3-peat.

Tim Cronk - 6yr EN member

I'll second that motion.

Paul Hough - 6yr EN member
Quote Reply
Re: Top Triathlon Club vote [cobalt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't EN more of a business rather than a club?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlon Club of San Diego
San Diego, CA
approx 2000 members
club is almost as old as the sport itself. Modern day triathlon was started by a group from the San Diego Track Club from which the Tri Club of San Diego emerged shortly after.

TCSD offers one of the best deals in multisport, $75 annual fee included as many as 20 free races per year from triathlons, Aquathlons, Duathlons, time trials, swim meets and running races for members. Our monthly meetings are second to none. Each meeting typically consists of a free dinner, pro interview by Bob Babbitt and usually $1000 - $2500 worth of raffle prizes. Out last monthly meeting (last week) was with Rachel Joyce, fresh off her 2nd place Kona finish the week before. Month before that was Cam Brown, then John and Judy Collins (Ironman founders), then Beth Gerdes and Luke McKenzie in June and so on.
The club also offers between 25 - 30 group workouts per week covering everything from open water swims (both protected bays and open ocean), group rides, track workouts, bike interval workouts and so on. Many of these group workouts are also coached by top local coaches.
Current WTC Club ranking, 6th in World (Division 1), 4th in US.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nominate Leading Edge Triathlon Club in Vancouver BC
http://www.letc.ca

Started in 2005
Current Membership: 55

Trained World, National and Provincial Champions. (AG)
Many KONA qualifiers.

Consistently delivers athletes to complete their first Ironman, keeping that balance between training and injury avoidance.
Runs several training camps yearly in awesome locations, including Whistler, Penticton, Maui and Tucson.
Coaches very hands on, take many athletes who have never performed triathlon or one of the disciplines to Ironman success.
Coaches also offer Personal Training to include functional training to support the training load and avoid injury.
One of the few Triathlon clubs allowing athletes who don't drink beer (or alcohol) to join

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oklahoma City, OK
45 members
Formed in January 2014
We are more than just a triathlon team. We specialize in endurance events with a cause of giving back to our community through fighting childhood obesity. In 2016, we will be partnering with Special Olympics. We feel everyone should have an opportunity to experience the feeling of crossing the finish line.
Quote Reply
Re: Top Triathlon Club vote [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriFury
http://www.trifury.com

Tewksbury MA is our legal address but our membership area is Eastern Mass and Southern New Hampshire
275 members
13 years old

I'm nominating this tri club. I was introduced to triathlons in 2006 and taken out on a group ride. I was a young whipper snapper with no experience. What I saw was serious triathletes and some folks who I thought couldn't even keep up with me (yeah, I was young and dumb). Over the years, I went from being the newest, most inexperienced members of the group to now one of the most seasoned triathletes of the group and on any given day one of the fastest members of the group. I have had opportunities to leave, I have been asked to join other triathlon teams but I just don't want to leave. I may have done short stints with other multisport clubs, but I've always maintained active presense with TriFury.

Doing well on this team is not about personal best times, or winning races. It's about supporting the community. They are team dedicated races that support local race directors, as well as during the summer the team puts on a FREE triathlon every wednesday night called TRY THE TRI. for newcomers to get their feet wet and get advice if they want it.

These folks really treat each other like family, it's unlike anything I've seen. They welcome, encourage and support athletes of all abilities. That's what makes them special.
Last edited by: ahhchon: Oct 24, 15 21:31
Quote Reply
Re: Top Triathlon Club vote [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
Herbert wrote:

- location - National
- club size - Over 2,500
- what makes it special - Team RWBs mission is to enrich the lives of Americas veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity.

X2, not sure if you know of him, but he goes by T.O., his mom calls him Timothy and he is married to someone by the name of Rinny? #BonusPoints?

Club Size should be corrected to- 1,700 , National Organization size is 87,000

Thanks for the consideration.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Last edited by: @BW_Tri: Oct 23, 15 16:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big Sexy Racing
-Based out of Austin & Boulder with team spread out throughout the country and also into Australia/NZ
-approximately 110 team members in 2015
-2015 is the third year
-Chris McDonald and Erika do a great job supporting all of the team members and creating a fun environment. They host several camps throughout the year and have created great relationships with sponsors. Additionally, we have a forum available to bounce ideas off one another and share information as a group. The best part is the support that all of the team members show one another-tracking everyone during races each week, giving support etc & meeting as a group at large races throughout the country
-Currently ranked as the #1 team in Division II Ironman Club Competition
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BIG SEXY RACING

- location - Based out of Austin Texas but athletes all over the world.
- club size - 174 athletes
- club age - 3 years

- what makes it special - This club was started by Chris "Big Sexy" McDonald in 2013 with 45 members and fast forward two seasons later and BSR is 174 members and the Division II number one tri club in the world for the Ironman rankings. BSR also maintains the highest points per race average.

One of the many things that makes the club special is that the leadership and support is second to none. You have support for both the athletes and the family and support team at every race. When you go to a race you will here "Go Big Sexy" screamed to BSR athletes all day long by spectators throughout the course.

Ranking number one in the world on one of the hardest race circuits in under 3 years is quite a task and shows great leadership and a stream of dedicated members.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” - Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Re: Top Triathlon Club vote [JETTBIKE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x3 for Big Sexy Racing.
Quote Reply
Re: Top Triathlon Club vote [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Plumb wrote:
Triathlon Club of San Diego
San Diego, CA
approx 2000 members
club is almost as old as the sport itself. Modern day triathlon was started by a group from the San Diego Track Club from which the Tri Club of San Diego emerged shortly after.

TCSD offers one of the best deals in multisport, $75 annual fee included as many as 20 free races per year from triathlons, Aquathlons, Duathlons, time trials, swim meets and running races for members. Our monthly meetings are second to none. Each meeting typically consists of a free dinner, pro interview by Bob Babbitt and usually $1000 - $2500 worth of raffle prizes. Out last monthly meeting (last week) was with Rachel Joyce, fresh off her 2nd place Kona finish the week before. Month before that was Cam Brown, then John and Judy Collins (Ironman founders), then Beth Gerdes and Luke McKenzie in June and so on.
The club also offers between 25 - 30 group workouts per week covering everything from open water swims (both protected bays and open ocean), group rides, track workouts, bike interval workouts and so on. Many of these group workouts are also coached by top local coaches.
Current WTC Club ranking, 6th in World (Division 1), 4th in US.

even Jordan Rapp spoke at one of the meetings ;) ..probably also the oldest triathlon club of all?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:

- club age
- what makes it special

California Triathlon
-National with mainstay of members in SoCal LA region
-2000+
-4-5yrs?
-FREE Membership! "Our mission is to build a sustainable community where athletes of all levels have easy & affordable access to the resources, coaching and support needed to accomplish their goals."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:

- club age
- what makes it special

Name: TRS Triathlon / TRS Racing
- Global
- ~60 for 2015 (+ ~70% for 2016)
- Less than 1 Year
- A unique desire amongst its members with the sole purpose to #MakeTriathlonGreatAgain.

I realize there may be some "ill will" between TRS Triathlon and Slowtwitch, but overall I believe the more attention that can be generated toward triathlon, especially "touchy" or difficult issues that can spark controversy, the better. Both media outlets serve the triathlon community differently, have different perspectives and approaches, and I don't think that should be written off simply because of any disagreements. Just an opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Top Triathlon Club vote [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Isn't EN more of a business rather than a club?

It's a business, club, and team; just like many traditional clubs also field teams, and are pseudo businesses. I'm sure you can think of a few that fit the latter category. Bix Sexy Racing, nominated above, would be similar to EN.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The University of Texas Triathlon Team
  • Texas Triathlon introduces collegiate athletes to the sport of triathlon by providing a structure for them to develop their potential and become competitive at the national level. However, Texas Triathlon is special because it does this in a fun college environment, creating lasting relationships and memories between its members.

Last edited by: ConnorWhite: Oct 24, 15 9:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you considering a club?

A local group?
One of the large coaching businesses/clubs where people are strung out all over the country/world?
Both?

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Top Triathlon Club vote [ConnorWhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 for Texas Tri! They brought together a pretty fantastic group when I was there!
Quote Reply
Re: Top Triathlon Club vote [jasonleeDPT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jasonleeDPT wrote:
Herbert wrote:

- club age
- what makes it special

California Triathlon
-National with mainstay of members in SoCal LA region
-2000+
-4-5yrs?
-FREE Membership! "Our mission is to build a sustainable community where athletes of all levels have easy & affordable access to the resources, coaching and support needed to accomplish their goals."

+1 Cal Tri
Quote Reply
Re: Top Triathlon Club vote [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
What are you considering a club?

A local group?
One of the large coaching businesses/clubs where people are strung out all over the country/world?
Both?

I don't have skin in the game, but I would like to see this be focused on clubs whose focus is to grow tri in a specific physical area....the traditional "local club" much like the "LBS".

Once you expand to organizations that span nationally or internationally its a different comparison. Perhaps two polls...one for local tri clubs, one of multi site tri clubs....would be like the diff between LBS and comparing with Nashbar and Performancebike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are B-Athletics Multisport. We are based in Westchester County NY.
Size: about 30
Around since 2009

What makes us special ? We are truly a team in as much a triathlon team can be. We have podium finishers, MOPs, and those that muddle along. We are all very supportive of everyone. We train together, we race together and we party together.
Quote Reply

Prev Next