Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

To race or not to race, that is the question.
Quote | Reply
So there is a local race this weekend (Motor City Tri) which I could show up and do an OLY distance, but I'm a little bit hesitant because after coming home from Vegas last week i'm still feeling less than race ready. I know I coudl finish, that really is not the point, but i just know that I'll badly disintegrate on the run, and as much as I enjoy racing, I'm not sure if I want to gothrough that.

So should it be Pay race fee, swim hard, bike hard, go for a 6.2 mile walk. or go and volunteer and miss this race for the 2nd year in a row?

Opinions?

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: To race or not to race, that is the question. [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frankly, they may not even let you in given your abominable transition times... Fergetaboutit.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you do triathlons?

That's the real question. If the ultimate answer is that you participate in triathlons because you enjoy the experience that comes with it, there is no good reason not to race.

Re: To race or not to race, that is the question. [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HAHAHAHA!! ;-) I actually can transition a little faster than that, well not really, maybe a litte faster, well forget it.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your call, but if you don't race, then definately volunteer. Volunteering allows you to see the race from another point of view and gives an appreciation for the volunteers. Without them, there would be no races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
doooo it. or forget that race, drive down here to columbus and race with me, and i'll buy you some corona afterwards;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
but i just know that I'll badly disintegrate on the run

Now I don't know you, but generally when I read that type of statement I would say you are beat before you start. You might surprise yourself - sometimes a bit of down time will make for a stronger race. If you think the race in general would be fun, why not do it. What is the worst that can happen - you have a tough run. But you have fun doing it. I guess I always go into a race knowing I have the potential to screw up or blow up, but I still go race for the fun of it. I say go for it. Then again, I also don't have to worry about the cost of the race fee - if I was broke I might consider not.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since you control your own pace, I don't know why you are assuming you'll blow up on the run. While run fitness is obviously important for a solid tri run, a good bit of the damage that triathletes do to themselves causing a run meltdown happened much earlier, i.e. poor swim and bike pacing. Keep it calm early and run the run. Have fun out there!

Jason
Dig It Triathlon and Multisport
http://www.digittri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you end up participating, your streak will end... Is that what you really want? To be known to own the shortest streak in the history of Triathlon??????????

:)

Fred.
Quote Reply