Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tired legs...vineman 1/2
Quote | Reply
I don't know if any of you have experienced this but here's my situation...i'm doing vineman 1/2 this sunday and my legs have been killing me this last month. During my taper, my rides have been short (20-30 miles) and these seem to really be burning my legs. I was doing 40 to 65 miles (long ride) with another short ride every week for the last couple of months and my legs never felt like they do now for the shorter rides. My longest ride (80 miles about 2 1/2 weeks ago) was hard and my legs were tired for a couple days after but it seems like they have not fully recovered??? I did a short brick (30mile bike/4 mile run) last week and my legs were dead. I'm really worried that this will happen at Vineman and I will not be able to finish. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Tired legs...vineman 1/2 [scarlett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumped for you since no one has replied.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe a good massage?

Quote | Reply
find a good massage therapist. they should be able to work out any problems. I think you need to go either today or tomorrow, maybe Friday....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it sounds like you're over trained. lots of fluids rest and a message wouldn't hurt.

-zakk

Death Squad Cycling Club
http://www.ridethedeath.com

"Why is that people will drop $2000 on race wheels and a few c-notes for an ugly tattoo and then balk at the race fee?" - Blackie
Quote Reply
Re: Tired legs...vineman 1/2 [jern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
go either today or tomorrow, maybe Friday....
along these lines, is it 'safe' to get a massage on Friday with VM on Sunday? Why or why not?

-------------------------------------
New rule for ST users to make this a better place:
When someone asks for ADVICE, don't be a douche. Give advice or STFU.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
best sports massage therapist in town (santa rosa) is Jen Surprise. Give her a call if you get into town early 707 799 8094. She'll also be doing pre-race massage at the expo on Saturday.

You could also bail on the race and join me in volunteering. good luck!

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks everyone...going to get a massage today...I hope it helps or i'll be crawling to the finish line!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
definitely rest up before race day. Your legs will likely appreciate it. Short run on saturday to loosen up. Massage shouldn't hurt.

And if you have some trouble out there, look for me on the sidelines...pink boa, cowbell...you can't miss me. I won't be running because of a stress fracture, so I'm swimming/biking/cheering!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a massage if you can. Afterwards, get in a tub and soak your legs in hot/cold water alternating about 3 minutes each and do at least 5 x each. The hot/cold therapy will help pump the fluids in your legs. If no massage available, at least do the hot/cold therapy. I did that after an accident I had 4 weeks before IM Canada. My legs where bruised and full of fluid. Did it for 5 days and it revitalized my legs.
Quote Reply