Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This Weekend - Towne Lake Triathlon (Cypress/Houston) Decent Olympic Race?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know anything about this race? Looks flat and fast but the bigger question is it worth a drive of 3-4 hours to do it?
Quote Reply
Re: This Weekend - Towne Lake Triathlon (Cypress/Houston) Decent Olympic Race? [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a good local race, well organized, usually fast competition. Worth a 3-4 hour race? I don't think so but then again I think very few races are. There's not really anything special or unique about it.
Quote Reply
Re: This Weekend - Towne Lake Triathlon (Cypress/Houston) Decent Olympic Race? [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Onurmark host this and put on great events. Well organized, safe ride with closed lanes for bikes. It is flat and non-technical - a couple of 90deg turns but pretty much flat out all the way. Pretty fast field depending on your age group - and your definition of fast! One item you might want to check into is about packet pickup - they only have limited morning of the race pickup - so you would need to be able to head down early enough the day before - I think the last pickup is Sunday. Check out their website I think they have a neat video - shot by drones - from last years event. Is it worth 3-4 hour drive - I guess my answer is yes because I will be in the Hill Country for the weekend on my boat and driving back Sunday evening for the race. If you are in M40-44 and are FOP - it's a horrible race stay at home ; )
Quote Reply
Re: This Weekend - Towne Lake Triathlon (Cypress/Houston) Decent Olympic Race? [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. My only other option is a local sprint and this is my only free weekend. Was thinking I could hop down late Sat night and get packet on Sun am per the website (it's allowed). Yea, hope to win M40-44. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good deal - have a good race.
Quote Reply
Re: This Weekend - Towne Lake Triathlon (Cypress/Houston) Decent Olympic Race? [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So was that hot enough for you this morning? I was glad it was only six mile run today. So did you win?
Quote Reply