Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The search for 2015
Quote | Reply
IVe seen the website comparing the WTC 70.3 races easiest to hardest. But I know theres a TON more 70.3's out there.
Ive been to trifind.com as well. Id rather a personal suggestion versus a race anme and date.

What I'd like to know is what are some races YOU'D suggest for 2015.
I'm currently in GA. I prefer staying on the East coast and have family scattered North of me.
I don't mind a sprint or 2. I prefer the olympic/internatinal distance races, and love the challenge of a 70.3. I have no interest in a FULL.
My personal faves are: Peachtree international GA (althought it was FREEZING this year), Lake Logan International (NC), Chatanooga International (TN), Beach2Battleship 70.3 (NC), and Morgantown WV-HFP/REV3 DEAD RACE.
Not-faves: Richmond Rockett's Landing International (no swim), REV3 Anderson SC (Oly and 70.3), Washington DC, Nations, and 70.3 Augusta GA.

What do you suggest in building my 2015 schedule?
Quote Reply
Re: The search for 2015 [franktheguard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
70.3 - Rev3 Quassy (spring) and Toughman NY (fall).

Fly-by-Night Duathon. (spring)

West Point Sprint. (summer)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
St Croix 70.3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another nice website to find alternative 70.3/140.6 races is k226.com. It's a little less cluttered than trifind, since it's specific to the long course stuff.

You might want to consider Toughman Alabama in Pell City on August 15:
http://team-magic.com/events/27

Combine that with something early in the season like Challenge Knoxville in May, and the Toughman championship in September, and you've got the makings of a fun season!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: The search for 2015 [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B..
H...
T...
Thanks for your responses.
Tell me more about toughman-thats 2 suggestions.
Quassy-hmmm maybe TOO far north lol but Ill look.
Thanks for the addition al website suggestion
And really-westpoint-hmmm Ive been more a of a Tanner racer in the past. I might need to re-look at this one.

Great stuff keep em coming!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://toughmantri.com/

Race is just outside of NYC. Swim is usually fast and in brackish water. Bike is a closed 2 loop course. Nothing "terrible" but it definitely wears on you. The run is beautiful including crossing a dam.

Weather is usually very nice. Great volunteers. The RD and his staff continue to make the small improvements year over year based on feedback.

If you have kids, they have an incredible kids race the day before.

http://toughkidstri.com/

West Point is run by the cadets. Nice swim, one of the hiller bike and run sprints I've done. You know it will run smoothly and its their fund raiser, so its for a really good cause.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Savageman. Quite simply the best.
Quote Reply
Re: The search for 2015 [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah (savageman), friends have done it and often-close Friend just earned her brick this year.!

St. Croix Ive heard is awesome and had a close friend do it a few times. I just dont want to mail/ship/transport my bike-unless its strapped to my car.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The search for 2015 [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah-No.

Anyone have any input for oly/half races in the carolinas? anything in GA Im missing? Early florida races? Alabama? REV3 oly/half cedar point has appeal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just FYI, Cedar Point is half/full, not oly/half.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a look at the Lake Logan Half in north carolina. The bike is a bit short(52 miles) but it was the first year of the race so I'm hopeful they'll figure out a way to get it to the right distance. But it's a beautiful course, and was a really well run race, especially considering this past year was it's first.
Quote Reply