Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
The ladies deserve their own thread.

Completely agree!! Thank you.

Go Paula!
Quote Reply
Re: The female pto USA open thread and no sanders chat [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The livestream from Outside is not really working for me. Tried on different devices and it gets stuck.. loading forever. It worked extremely well for the men race.
Quote Reply
Re: The female pto USA open thread and no sanders chat [gguerini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm watching on GCN+ on the big screen TV. Working and looking great.
Quote Reply
Re: The female pto USA open thread and no sanders chat [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
giorgitd wrote:
I'm watching on GCN+ on the big screen TV. Working and looking great.

It’s working now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man the ladies are like a B team to the men when it comes to swim tactics. they are all over the place, just missing feet here and there, and 50 yards wide in spots.

Knibb looks good, missed her opportunity to get a nice ride early from Brandon, but will now have to pull the entire way by herself. That lapse is gonna cost her about 40 seconds by the time this is over,,
Quote Reply
Re: The female pto USA open thread and no sanders chat [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah but she is clear of the competition and I guess she takes it in the bike ....
Ups i did not see transition IAM only on the tracker
Last edited by: pk: Aug 5, 23 14:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do have to correct Rinny on one comment she made about the womens swim, Laura did not swim within 30 seconds of the mens leaders. I know she likes to compare and show how close the womens are, but that was about 1;45 slower than the lead mens swim group. Laura would have been towing the likes of Sam Long and co.... (-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was a little surprised to not see anyone swimming with Lauren Brandon. I wonder if it wasn't accidental missed feet but intentional breaking up tactics?

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jack seems to be doing less talking.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More pointy-tail helmets than I remember. Taylor looks down enough to make a rounder helmet more aero, maybe...
Quote Reply
Re: The female pto USA open thread and no sanders chat [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's early

It's a Good life if you don't Weaken!
My Mom 1922-2004
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like Jack Kelly got a bit of a talking to as he has not only calmed down a lot but is actually deferring questions to Rinny,unlike yesterday where he just went on long rants,not letting anyone else talk.

That is a great move as he "could be" a good color commentator.
Quote Reply
Re: The female pto USA open thread and no sanders chat [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That and he also messed up when he said Frodeno was out of the race and he ends up winning it.

Saying silly things like “Frodeno has never pushed that kind of power … ever.”
Quote Reply
Re: The female pto USA open thread and no sanders chat [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. He got some coaching or read this thread. He’s got huge potential, just needs to reel it in a bit.

Knibb’s position still needs some work. She keeps pushing herself back on the saddle. Doesn’t look 100% comfortable for her.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I noticed that too with Jack, instead of making statements(often completely wrong) he forms them now in a question to Rinny. It does seem to flow better that way, but now RInny needs to check herself and some comments. Like saying when someone takes over the lead in the group and it slows down the pace, well not really.

Knibb is doing the typewriter, wonder if the new bike is not quite in the right position. Looks like just a little too long cockpit to me, which would contribute to the typewriter style riding. Ash is doing great, gonna be her race if she limits the damage each lap to what she has thus far, and she is not within for Paula to take the reins either. Wonder if Paula is feeling off today, really expected her to take off like Knibb and ride solo most of the race, maybe she has a plan to do it later in the ride
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
Looks like Jack Kelly got a bit of a talking to as he has not only calmed down a lot but is actually deferring questions to Rinny,unlike yesterday where he just went on long rants,not letting anyone else talk.

I know he has his podcast but was yesterday his first day doing commentary work? If so everyone needs to cut him some slack. I doubt any of us were on the top of our game the first time we did something. Hopefully the production team rewatched yesterday’s broadcast and critiqued all the commentators work.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just talking about this. Knibb is at the nose of the saddle, sliding back, doing the typewriter. Looking down and putting the helmet tail in the wind. Needs a better fit that can be held more consistently stable. Does not look comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I felt he got a little too much stick on this forum yesterday but yes, he did overuse hyperbole, and just generally talk too much. Perhaps nerves on his first commentary gig?
Hopefully he keeps it reserved throughout the women’s race as he does provide a good amount of narrative which I think would involve “non-triathletes” (ie normal people, not us) a little better than the usual triathlon commentary.
Quote Reply
Re: The female pto USA open thread and no sanders chat [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

I know he has his podcast but was yesterday his first day doing commentary work? If so everyone needs to cut him some slack. I doubt any of us were on the top of our game the first time we did something. Hopefully the production team rewatched yesterday’s broadcast and critiqued all the commentators work.
yes it was his first crack at it and the criticism was ridiculous. Of course he is better today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Agree. He got some coaching or read this thread. He’s got huge potential, just needs to reel it in a bit.

Knibb’s position still needs some work. She keeps pushing herself back on the saddle. Doesn’t look 100% comfortable for her.

Yeah she said this is a new bike, maybe they didn’t get her fit coordinates spot in because she is moving around a lot.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: The female pto USA open thread and no sanders chat [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. I think people are quite harsh with him and commentators in general.... it's really a tough job and this group is definitely much better than most broadcasts. Rinny is doing a great job; yes I know she may have made a couple mistakes (which I bet anyone would do trying to fill 5h of commentary) but I'm really enjoying her insights and the fact that she has prepared.

Really disappointed by the PTO broadcast, random % of HR (probably wrong) here and there and you don't even know where they are on the course. Also frustrating to have to go on the tracker to see what's happening beyond 10. Really want to know how far back is Tamara; thankfully the commentators mentioned it a couple times but PTO should show the full rankings every [15]min or so
Quote Reply
Re: The female pto USA open thread and no sanders chat [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Findlay is going to pull Ash to T2. Ash should run Taylor down.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Taylor's swim and ride has not been up to her normal standard so far by a wide margin.

Can someone on her team get her a helmet that isn't straight up in the air like a sail when she's dipping her head? This isn't complicated stuff here.
Quote Reply
Re: The female pto USA open thread and no sanders chat [CaliB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jack deserved every ounce of criticism yesterday. But he also deserves praise for learning and doing better so far today.

But back to the race in want to know where Kat is and if she is charging
Quote Reply

Prev Next