Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The end of Bento boxes
Quote | Reply
I know alot of you hate bento boxes, I have found a solution, it holds even more then a bento box and doesn't mess up your top tube:

Here's a shot loaded up for an Ironman:

Now thats planning your nutrition!

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: The end of Bento boxes [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
out standing, were do we get one. think for an ironman it would be great.a guy/gal could bring the expresso machine, always thought every one should get a free 5min break for a latte anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your seat is too high.

where do you get that size Kellogg???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No joking. You see bikes in transition at an IM race that look similar to this. It's extraordinary Where's that first aid staion? Just 10miles down the road!!!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: The end of Bento boxes [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where's that first aid staion? Just 10miles down the road!!!

As I have read about these sort of things, I'm trying my best to head down the minimalist road for my next IM, even using Gator(barf)ade Endurance during nearly every workout now just to get used to it.

I think we get caught up in our homemade concoctions and nutritional items in training and then get to race day freaked that we don't have what we need. Some of us tend to be a bit more, well, needy when it comes to what our bodies will and won't process on race day...but again I think I'm learning that more often it's the quantity of what we shove in ourselves during the race that is the key, and more often than not the downfall of our GI systems, than it is the specific mix of what we take in.

So I'll have just one bottle on my bike November 4 and go from there....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey that's pretty cool how you mod'd the rear wheel on that bike, i.e.: rear wheel is the "trailer" wheel. Do you have a shot with the bags removed or out of the way? I'd like to see just how long that chain is...

what's the handling like? ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: The end of Bento boxes [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't done an iron man (did one half) but i do notice that during an ultra my body is a lot less picky then when I am on the bike. Heck I'll eat what ever they have at an ultra, on the bike i need to watch it. My only no-no for an ultra was pretzels. I put one in my mouth and didn't even swallow put spit it out as my stomach instantly protested, spent the next 3 miles trying to get the taste out of my mouth and not heave

Jim

Quote Reply
Re: The end of Bento boxes [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike,

Endurance sports nutrition like many things in this sport can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. The bottom line is that you need to get, more or less about 300 calories/hour in your body throughout the day at an IM. I agree with you and I think that many people way over do it with the calories for some reason and neglect the water. This typically leads to some form of gastric/GI distress and then the real problems start when you can get either calories or water through and into the system.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the aero front wheel on the second photo. Might as well put snow tires on a Ferrari :)

Quote | Reply
Dude...

Funny. Just damn funny.

ROFLMAO!
Quote Reply
Re: The end of Bento boxes [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I love the aero front wheel on the second photo. Might as well put snow tires on a Ferrari :)

I agree, while i wouldn't mind one of these for a grocery run, that aero wheel is a waste.

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hauling that thing around would develop some serious strength and balance in no time!

"You're faster than you think!" --Nike
Quote Reply