Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The coolest thing ever, Litespeed wants ME!
Quote | Reply
So I was having a pretty crappy day at work the other day when I get an email from Herbert.

I had applied for the Litespeed Team via their website with no expectation that they would want a mostly newbie MOPer like myself, but I was wrong. Herbert had written to inform me that Litespeed would like me to fly the colors and ride for the Litespeed Factory Team!!! How cool is that?!?!?

I guess all of my passion for all things Ti (especially bikes) has come to it's ultimate finish line, and I could not be more excited.

Apart from the obvious bias that I now have for how cool a company Litespeed is, i just have to say that the simple fact that they would go looking for average athletes to represent them is astounding and really cool. I can remember conversations on this board discussing this very thing (how bike companies should sponsor regular guys, and how it would be nice to see regular guys at races with some Team backing) and Litespeed has made it happen.

I know that this is not quit my job sponsorship, or I'm better and anybody else sponsorship, but this is a huge thing for me, and I think that it speaks volumes for what Litespeed is about.

I have always said that Ti has soul. Now I know that Litespeed is one of the big reasons why.

I want to say thanks to Herbert and Litspeed for this, and I want to thank all the STers for making it possible (sounds like an acadamy award speech, hmmm oh well, I'm too excited to care)

Proud member of Team Litespeed. See you at the Races.
Quote Reply
Re: The coolest thing ever, Litespeed wants ME! [bigskyTi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what kind of bennies do you get? is a blade on the way? congrats btw.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Last edited by: nebmot: Aug 10, 06 21:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how cool. congrats to U and best of luck on this. Please continue to post how this all goes. very cool.
/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
congrats, dude! someday, i hope to just work my way out of the BOP... :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on getting picked up. I've sat and talked with Herbert many times in person and more on the phone. He is a great guy. You can't go wrong on a Lightspeed (or QR).

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: The coolest thing ever, Litespeed wants ME! [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great guy , great company and fantastic rides !

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are gonna probably be on one of their new bamboo-fiber bikes to be released this Fall.

Seriously, you are worth the investment already :-)

Quote | Reply
sweet!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!! That's pretty neat.

FWIW I just brought home my first Litespeed Road bike two days ago and I love it. I tested a couple other bikes that are very popular with the ST crowd and just found the ride quality better on the LS. Yesterday was my first longer ride on the new bike and I know without a doubt that I made the right choice. Herbert seems like a great guy, he sure was helpful to me when I peppered him with emails asking questions. I think you've hooked up with a very solid company.

Best of luck to you, enjoy the experience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats dude way to go

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome news. I sent in an application figuring "why not?" - I haven't heard anything from them...oh well...then again, I only just sent it in. Either way, congrats on the news, that's awesome.

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey ME TOO!!!!!

I mean I got an email from Herbert - not that I was having a crappy day at work. In fact I don't even go to work anymore... (that's another story).

I'm really excited about the Litespeed deal and I think it will be cool to have an original and unique bike to ride (and talk about). I figure this can only be a good thing since I'll feel obligated to ride A LOT to show off the bike and talk about it, so I'll have to do more rides and will get in better shape!!!!

I hope Ti works well in the winter because my plan is to ride all year this winter - IM Arizona here i come...
Quote Reply
Re: The coolest thing ever, Litespeed wants ME! [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if it is one of those Nigerian scams.

Hello I am writing you I am the President of Litespeed. I give you free stuff to ride. You just send me the price of shipping. ;)

Congrats guys!
Quote Reply
Re: The coolest thing ever, Litespeed wants ME! [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am glad that really worked out for some folks here. It seems there were quite a few Slowtwitchers represented in the total application pool and also in the final selection of 40 athletes.

Congrats to all who got picked.

Herbert
Litespeed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bigskyti, this was exactly my feeling when ABG-Quintana Roo invited me to ride on a Lucero and swim in their wetsuits. There are tons of dudes way way faster than me. I got a bike and wetsuit that is as nice as any Kona winner will ever get.

Their programs are cool. What they understand is penetrating the market through numerous channels. Sponsoring high end pros is one channel, advertising in trade publications is another, trade show are another etc etc. Using your average local articulate "not so fast age grouper" to be a spokesman and promote the product line is an excellent channel. Guys like us likely have more contact with athletes in our local communities than the industry realizes. ABG gets it.

Have fun on your Ti Ride. I hope it is as sweet at the Lucero that I am on.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: The coolest thing ever, Litespeed wants ME! [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats prety cool, looks like we have a good sized Slowtwitch Litespeed Factory Team ;)

It would be intesting to hear how many actually applied.

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations, pretty cool, but you just ruined my day. I guess I didnt get picked. :(

Quote | Reply
that rocks! Do you call the bike Herbert/Slowtwitch..what? The bike has to have a name in honor of those that got you there :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations. Looks like we will be teammates as I received the same email. I got it the night before Steelhead and went to sleep dreaming of Titanium.

Its great that Litespeed is doing this and it really speaks volumes about their values.

--------------------------

Team Timex 2014
@ajhodges
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is awesome! Kudos to Litespeed for recognizing the common man. I have two ABG ti bikes (QR and LS) and love them both. I don't know if ti has "soul" or not but it sure rides nice, is durable as hell and they know bike geometry.

Be sure to post some pix when you get your new bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: The coolest thing ever, Litespeed wants ME! [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like Oakley (R) has OAKLEY FACTORY PILOT (R) registered. I wonder if "Litespeed Factory Pilot" would be too close?
Quote Reply
Re: The coolest thing ever, Litespeed wants ME! [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Count me in too.

I got an e-mail confirming I was picked from Herbert last week. I printed it out and taped it to my cubicle at work! I am going to get a Litespeed tattoo to celebrate :)

i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------
"This wheel definitely beat the 808 in this test, no question, and I do commend Hed on producing a really fast wheel...the wheel is fast, I am not disputing that." - joshatzipp on the Stinger 9
My Website
HEDmafia.com
Last edited by: Red Devil: Aug 11, 06 8:21
Quote Reply
Re: The coolest thing ever, Litespeed wants ME! [Red Devil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got my confirmation e-mail from Herbert last week ..very exciting!

Looking forward to riding a Litespeed :-)

We'll all have to get together and have a ST/Litespeed party!

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Post deleted by lschmidt [ In reply to ]
Re: The coolest thing ever, Litespeed wants ME! [lschmidt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still figuring out the details with Herbert. With what I know so far it is a very nice package that we will be getting and a great opportunity to ride and represent Litespeed!

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next