Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Jericho Mile
Quote | Reply
Anyone seen this movie about a guy locked up in prison that takes up running ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079366/

I saw this movie when I was much younger (maybe 12 or 14) and remembering loving it at the time. Just remembered it now.

Now, when you're in your early teens, what qualifies as quality entertainment is not the same as when you are in your 30s (see Growing Pains, Silver Spoons, Stingray). Just wondering if it is actually any good and worth looking up these days.

According to IMDB.com they are doing an updated version scheduled for release next year as well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770775/
Quote Reply
Re: The Jericho Mile [darylect] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I liked Silent Running with Bruce Dern from the 70's.

Not sure how it would view today, gotta find it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, saw it and thought it was pretty good. Especially like the "Sympathy for the Devil" soundtrack. Almost makes it seem like getting put in prison might be a reasonable part of a middle distance training plan...nothing to do but train.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen it in a long time but I remember enjoying it.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've seen that movie at least a dozen times. In fact, when MagnumPI came on tv, I though to myself "hey T.C. is the dude in the Jericho Mile!"

To this day, in 20+ years of running, I'd say in over half of my runs, I have that damn Sympathy for the Devil song repeating in my head.
Quote Reply
Re: The Jericho Mile [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Better Bruce Dern: On the Edge. Great running film. Plus, it has Pam Grier.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good flick. based on true story. wonder how far off trials time he was. the movie leads one to beleive he broke through by throwing the watch in the end (awesome slo-motion stuff) but provides little perspective with regard to running significance. fat black guys putting down their weights to watch this guy run the dirt doesn't count for much. other than the black guys should start running...

All you need is a dollar and a dream..and a severe f*&%ing beating!!
Quote Reply