Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Bush-man of Alcatraz.
Quote | Reply
When I was at Escape from Alcatrz some dude had this piece of a bush that he held in front of him. he would crouch down on the sidewalk then spring out and yell at people, scaring the tar out of them.

My man got me bad, I nearly shat myself.

For those of you guys who have done Alcatraz, were you ever set upon by the Bush-man of Alcatraz? I mean, it is only a matter of time before some dude hauls off and clocks the guy.

Annoying. But entertaining. Having fallen victim I figured I earned the right to enjoy the twisted humor on subsequent victims.

On a more constructive note, is the fella who stacks up the rocks across from the Chocolate sign- that big Ghirardelli sign? That guy is cool.

Random thoughts.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Bush-man of Alcatraz. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen the bush guy get people, and get me! once. I totally forgot he was there. on well. scared the crap-ola outtta me.

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't know there was a man behind that bush. I used the bush to take a leak - got him before he got me.

Quote | Reply
Man, I was there on biz a few years ago and had that dude do that to me down at Fishermans Warf. Totally forgot about it, but he got me good too.
Quote Reply
Re: The Bush-man of Alcatraz. [BK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was there about 5 years ago. I watched him for about 10 minutes and laughed my ass off. It was so entertaining I dropped $5 in his bucket. I'd bet in the 10 minutes I watched him he made well over $25. He might be the smartest bum on the planet.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd hit him with some Wead-killer!!!

"In the blocks you're a prisoner, the gun releases you."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shat?

Shitted?

Shoot?

I'm really not sure.

Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: The Bush-man of Alcatraz. [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember the guy from 7 years ago. That's not just a job, that's a career.

-Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This guy got me really good once. Never again. I run down the wharf quite a bit. The first time I was jogging along, minding my own business and bam he nails me. I screeched like a 12 year old girl and jumped about 10 feet. My reaction made a crowd of like 12 tourist very happy. I was really pissed at first but you have to let it go or you end up looking like the jerk.

Now whenever I'm in the area I watch for him and have seen him get quite a few other people. Its pretty funny.

I've seen the rock guy work as well. Really incredible what he does. There is a short video called rivers and tides that is about an artist named Andy Goldsworthy in Alaska or somewhere who does the same sort of stuff but on a huge scale. Pretty cool.

Also saw a guy on Las Ramblas in Barcelona one time that did the same thing as the "bush man of Alcatraz" but dressed in a full gorilla costume. People would stand around and watch him scare the hell out of tourists, jumping out from behind bushes, etc pounding his chest and screaming. He'd collect a few bucks from the crowd, go drink it up in a bar, and come back out to do it again.

"He broke into the long easy lope, and went on, hour after hour, never at loss for the tangled way, heading straight home through strange country with a certitude of direction that put man and his magnetic needle to shame."

-Call of the Wild
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a college fraternity buddy that was a kung fu blackbelt of some sort. one night some pledges tried to kidnap him by pouncing on him from some bushes. A broken jaw and crushed knee later (the pledges) he finally figured out it was a pledge trick.

Matt in SF, this is not a political thread.

Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was still there this year scaring the crap out of people on Fisherman's Warf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He has gotten into scuffles in the past. He is pretty well known here in the criminal court as well as the tourist areas...

----------
"...it should be swim, bike, run, cage fight." - el fuser
"I noticed that I am in your sig line! Wow! That's s first for me. Thanks." - Fleck
Quote Reply
Re: The Bush-man of Alcatraz. [tildenm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"In the blocks you're a prisoner, the gun releases you."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, he got me two years ago when I was heading over there to meet my cousins from Enn Zed and I should known better because I've seen his act too many times.

But I have fond memories of the street "performers" that have flocked to the area since I was a kid. I used to really like the Human Jukebox. He was this guy in an artfully painted and decorated cardboard box and you could put a dime in the box and he'd do a song on a harmonica or a kazoo or something.

Too much. Between SF and Berzerkley I get more than my fill of local color.

Mr. Uncaptured External Costs

Fossil carbon is planetary poison.
Last edited by: tim-mech: Aug 19, 05 15:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: The Bush-man of Alcatraz. [Diablo-Advocato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: Diablo-Advocato: Aug 19, 05 15:53
Quote Reply
Re: The Bush-man of Alcatraz. [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Soiled.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply