Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Austalian Swimming Olympic Trials.....
Quote | Reply
AKA, The coolest Swim Meet with the best TV coverage in the universe.

As most know, I am an American with Canadian Ties.......also, I (thru good friends: "Hi Andy and Brett!") have had the good fortune to live and train in Sydney, Austarlia.

Channel 9 Wide World of Sports has set the bar VERY HIGH for an absolutely Kick-Ass production.

Say what I might for USA Vs the rest of the swimmer world (Truth be Told.....I like Everyone......it IS swimming, after all.)
Channel 9 has done the best coverage ever, making these kids beloved stars in their mother country.

Good on Them......here is a link to the meets highlite montage.......
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gORaul64KCs

also, here is Bee_Swim's link to the ENTIRE MEET! Thanks Dude!
http://youtube.com/...user=BeeSwim&p=r
Quote Reply
Re: The Austalian Swimming Olympic Trials..... [TomP_imc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the links.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Channel 9 has done the best coverage ever"

Eurosport shows every heat of the world swimming championships (not to mention T&F championships). Including the early heats where there are guys so slow in the 200 Free that even I could lap. Perhaps you are talking about interviews or something but I'm not sure how you can do more than show every heat of the prelims and finals.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
& apparently (unless it is already in page 4/5) nobody mentioned Eamon Sullivan times with 50M record and within .05 & .02 of 100M record!

Fred.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
((yawn))

The post trial biffo woulda been much more entertaining!

http://www.smh.com.au/...1/1206850812233.html

;)

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Channel 9 Wide World of Sports has set the bar VERY HIGH for an absolutely Kick-Ass production.

Say what I might for USA Vs the rest of the swimmer world (Truth be Told.....I like Everyone......it IS swimming, after all.)
Channel 9 has done the best coverage ever, making these kids beloved stars in their mother country.

If you really think this, your tv production 'standards' must truly be very very low! And yes, I live there.
Quote Reply
Re: The Austalian Swimming Olympic Trials..... [Topper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

When I said High Production ...........I was meaning that here in the US, if swimming is shown..........at all.

It is the week after, condensed in a montage of main events, with main stars.

By contrast, Aussie Trials seemed to be Live, every evening, and they even had the team intro on TV.

Here in the land of Stick and Ball, NASCAR and Fat People, we just do not get what you get.

Sorry if I seem like an R-Tard in my OP.

TP
Quote Reply