Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The (Full) Ass Thread [Skippy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People that are starting to up their mileage often forget that resting can is just as important as running. Sometimes recovery means not running as far or as hard, but sometimes it means really resting between workouts. Just take a short nap, it is a natural way to increase your production of HGH!

Quote Reply
Re: The (Full) Ass Thread [fitzoffire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That Olivier sure has a nice ass.

Quote Reply
Re: The (Full) Ass Thread [Knewguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I said relax Lavern, reelaax! See now, Shirley is nice and relaxed!

---

"Sometimes it's just easier to do it the hard way."
Quote Reply
Re: The (Full) Ass Thread [SLOTOPO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLOTOPO wrote:
Knewguy wrote:
Having a coach is important too.

Coach? I thought this guy was going bowling.

Lol! Ahahahahahahaha!!
Quote Reply
Re: The (Full) Ass Thread [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Checking in - 13 weeks in.

I couldn't do 50 miles a week. I tried, failed, got pissed off. Then I looked at my training logs and found that my average miles per week 12/1/2005 to 12/1/2011 - was a mere 26 miles per week; and 12/1/2010 to 12/1/2011 was 30.5.

So I revised the challenge for myself to 40 miles per week, and have pulled that off "easily". Very good result thus far.

The mileage is ticking upwards, what started as barely 40.0 miles a week is trending towards a consistent 44 to 46 mpw.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skippy wrote:
People that are starting to up their mileage often forget that resting can is just as important as running. Sometimes recovery means not running as far or as hard, but sometimes it means really resting between workouts. Just take a short nap, it is a natural way to increase your production of HGH!

THANK YOU.............

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:
Checking in - 13 weeks in.

I couldn't do 50 miles a week. I tried, failed, got pissed off. Then I looked at my training logs and found that my average miles per week 12/1/2005 to 12/1/2011 - was a mere 26 miles per week; and 12/1/2010 to 12/1/2011 was 30.5.

So I revised the challenge for myself to 40 miles per week, and have pulled that off "easily". Very good result thus far.

The mileage is ticking upwards, what started as barely 40.0 miles a week is trending towards a consistent 44 to 46 mpw.

That's the way to keep at it. Too much too quickly will result in injury anyway so smart to build slowly.

I was hitting 50 mile average/week and the 4 other workouts as well until I tapered for my marathon last weekend. Having a week of no running since then has obviously broken the 50 mi/week as well as dragged down my average mileage. Not sure I will get the average back up by the end of the challenge but it has been good to get the mileage in.

JD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've been lurking and occasionally posting here for quite a few years.

but let me say, this thread DELIVERS.
Quote Reply
Re: The (Full) Ass Thread [54ny77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
54ny77 wrote:
i've been lurking and occasionally posting here for quite a few years.

but let me say, this thread DELIVERS.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice job sticking with it. I was in a similar situation to you--in the previous year I had averaged 26 mpw and my biggest run week ever was 37 miles. I started the challenge running in the mid 30s mpw but have slowly pushed out to 50 mpw. The gains have been pretty amazing so far. Thanks for resurrecting this challenge!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well after starting to shoot for 50 mile weeks and my body complaining - I dialed it back to a goal of 16x 40 mile weeks - which I achieved. In fact towards the end I was getting close to 47 to 49 miles for the last 6 weeks or so.

Did it help - oh yeah.

I did a half marathon yesterday and PR'd by over 3 minutes against a Half mary PR set 54 weeks ago on a course with similar overall elevation gain.

It's my fastest run on this course by over 6 minutes.

Work - works.

My "life" average prior to beginning this 16 week period was 26 miles per week from 12/31/2005 onward.
Last edited by: sentania: Apr 8, 12 18:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice job. People in your AG who are planning on doing Kona with you should probably be a little bit more worried.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome man...3 mins in a hm@your level is huge. What was your time?

You're probably not even close to touching our run portential. I've been on the Full-Ass Duathlon challenge but too lazy to update the spreadsheet and doing 5+ runs and 5+ bikes/week and it has been good, although I'll know more after duking it out w/Murphy'sLaw@Battenkill on Saturday...
Quote Reply
Re: The (Full) Ass Thread [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

We'll see how this all unfolds - should be exciting.

@Kdw - I went 1:19.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by RoYe [ In reply to ]
Re: The (Full) Ass Thread [TashaSkippy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TashaSkippy wrote:

Rest, good idea. ;)

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply

Prev Next