Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: That's it. Current Kickr owner and going to get a Computrainer [gabbiev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gabbiev wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:
I think there have been complaints about the CycleOps frame adjustability. They're not as bad as Wattbikes or spin bikes but they really seem like a glorified a exercise bike. The Dynafit frame can very likely reproduce all but the most extreme fits.

I've a Dynafit frame that I'll occasionally use with a rider to test position and / or crank length on the Computrainer. It's remarkably adjustable--down to 4'11" or so, and well over 6'. It's a nice setup.

I am 6'5 and plenty of room for going taller if I wanted.

And with various adjustable crank options, so easy to change.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: That's it. Current Kickr owner and going to get a Computrainer [mercuryvapor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Went through 3 Kickr's (Wahoo support was great at working with me through various issues and replacing parts/units) in about a year until I finally returned my last one, and got CycleOps PowerBeam Pro ANT+. Definitely went backwards in tech as Bluetooth was way more convenient, but I just didn't want to chance dropouts. Compared to Kickr, it lags a bit to adjust power (so short intervals are not as precise) and the fly wheel seems to be overly helpful if cadence is changed abruptly. Both of these are things I can live with - forces me into smoother cadence anyway. No issues with CycleOps so far (~6 months).
Quote Reply
Re: That's it. Current Kickr owner and going to get a Computrainer [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't believe it! Another Velodyne user. Well, I've had mine for 30 years and, except for it now not reading HR or Cadence, it's watts is on the money. Still, I can't get it to work with Zwift or Bkool, not to mention the many other pc applications. It works with Netathlon though.
Quote Reply
Re: That's it. Current Kickr owner and going to get a Computrainer [lazurm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It should be possible to add ANT+ FE-C capability to any trainer that can be controlled by a PC. In theory, it would then be supported by any application that supports FE-C.
Quote Reply
Re: That's it. Current Kickr owner and going to get a Computrainer [Sausagetail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I actually know that but, in requesting that Zwift (for instance) add my Velodyne to its list, the support people asked for information I can't obtain such as the commands used to adjust watts (what standard is used) and the commands used for communication. So, for now, I'm left out in the cold for my Velodyne.
Quote Reply
Re: That's it. Current Kickr owner and going to get a Computrainer [Sausagetail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In addition, the Zwift support asked for the API, if my unit doesn't support the FE-C ANT+ standard. The API is a software intermediary that makes it possible for application programs to interact with each other and share data. It's often an implementation of REST that exposes a specific software functionality while protecting the rest of the application. The REST (REpresentational State Transfer) is an architectural style, and an approach to communications that is often used in the development of Web services. The use of REST is often preferred over the more heavyweight SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) style because REST does not leverage as much bandwidth, which makes it a better fit for use over the Internet.
Quote Reply

Prev Next