Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Texasman X-50
Quote | Reply
What is the quality of the venue?

Are there any issues with the swim, bike or run routes?

How is the bike road surface?

If it's on open roads, how is traffic control?

Is the race organization good?

How is the value for the cost?

Have you raced it? Would you again? Why or why not?
Quote Reply
Re: Texasman X-50 [DamonHenry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race organization is very good, They put on great events. I have not done this one but have several others that they put on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the quality of the venue? Good location in a park. Only one road in to the park, so it can be slow getting there.

Are there any issues with the swim, bike or run routes? can't say there are really any issues, but not sure on your definition of an issue. lake is murky, wont be able to see your hands, but its calm. run course isn't marked since they put on 3 distances on the same course.

How is the bike road surface? chip seal, far from ideal.

If it's on open roads, how is traffic control? open roads, traffic controlled at the really only intersection, very little traffic as it's out in the boonies. it's a non-issue.

Is the race organization good? yes, but i dont have a lot to compare it to.

How is the value for the cost? on par

Have you raced it? Would you again? Why or why not? did the disco x-50 which is identical to the texasman but in July. Have done the olympic texasman, all on the same course. run is a tad congested since they do 3 distances and again, it is not marked so no way to pace if you don't have a garmin. open racking on bike, post food ok, run course shaded.

Quote Reply
Re: Texasman X-50 [BigDLobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for yor detailed assessment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problem. I will do the olympic distance at both the Texasman and Disco this year as I ramp up for a couple half's this fall, so I continue to vote with my money which I guess is the best endorsement. I am hopeful they put on a 70.3 at some point. I think the DFW area is ripe for a well done 70.3.
Quote Reply
Re: Texasman X-50 [BigDLobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
see you at Texasman! And maybe Disco

I agree on the 70.3 in DFW area. Plenty of space at some of these lakes and tons of athletes here to make a nice sized 70.3 I feel. Just need to put it at the right time of year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I did my last TexasMan race. It's always had some cheating here and there. However, the cheating was so bad on the swim yesterday that even the 25 that they disqualified did not even cover half of those that cut the swim course. I've never seen such a thing. Tough glare and some chop does not justify their actions. It sucked for everyone.

It's amazing the decisions people make in a mob when everyone else is doing it. Dozens turning around and swimming back with our small group. Taking awards too. I swam 1,750 yards on a 1,500 yard course and hated every freaking minute of it only to watch lots of people not even make all the way out.

Sad.
Quote Reply
Re: Texasman X-50 [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How can you tell who is who in the water? I noticed a few curious times but swim courses times are hard to compare from race to race. Was this true for all races or just the Oly?

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Quote Reply
Re: Texasman X-50 [DFWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced the sprint that morning. There were a lot of very good swimmers in both the x-50 and olympic that veered off course. I know a few people that found themselves off course were made to zig zag back around the buoy. Didn't know about all the DQs. It was entertaining to watch from the beach as we started a solid 45 minutes later. Sighting was difficult for sure on the way out and the sandbar about 400 yds into the swim made for an interesting twist as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Texasman X-50 [DFWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFWTri wrote:
How can you tell who is who in the water? I noticed a few curious times but swim courses times are hard to compare from race to race. Was this true for all races or just the Oly?

Yes, both X50 and Olympic. They just DQ'd those that had times faster than the first person who was a AG elite out of the water (under 21 minutes). Last count was 25. The sad part is plenty were still above that threshold and cut the course really bad. I saw 8-10 in a pack turn back with me after second buoy. Clearly they never swam to the first turn and were off course. No excuse. Swim back over to the first buoy. The swim was tough for all of us. What's the saying....a man's character is truly seen when no one else is around to judge. Hopefully they enjoy their awards and PRs.
Last edited by: 3Aims: May 5, 14 8:57
Quote Reply