Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TdF Stage 4 Major Crash at Stage Finish
Quote | Reply
I can't see the sprinter teams allowing any breakaway to get away, but this would be the perfect stage for no race radios. But I can only fantasize

OK stage profile taking things over to the Vosges with the stage finish at Vittel. The finish is supposed to be a slight uphill. Anyone know if there is anything technical on the run in, or is it a pure drag race?

Sagan would need a small gap on Thomas and the time bonus of a stage win to move into yellow. But I think Kittel will have something to say about that. What news do you guys have on Cav?

Rider Name (Country) TeamResult
1Geraint Thomas (GBr) Team Sky10:00:31
2Christopher Froome (GBr) Team Sky0:00:12
3Michael Matthews (Aus) Team Sunweb
4Peter Sagan (Svk) Bora-Hansgrohe0:00:13
5Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Dimension Data0:00:16
6Pierre Latour (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale0:00:25
7Philippe Gilbert (Bel) Quick-Step Floors0:00:30
8Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Team Sky0:00:32
9Tim Wellens (Bel) Lotto Soudal
10Nikias Arndt (Ger) Team Sunweb0:00:34
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Jul 4, 17 10:58
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bunch sprint. Finishing grade isn't steep enough to affect the sprinters.

Kittel
Demare
Sagan

The stars will need to align in order for Cav to win tomorrow. It could happen. He doesn't quite seem to have the legs, but he's as smart as ever and you never know in a bunch sprint.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are any of these rides making it to Strava?

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sagan will always be there, but Kittel looked awesome on stage 2. On stage 2 Sagan hit the front early and looked up and was shocked to not have a wheel in front. I think with Kittel's train it's tough to stop him in a pure drag race, which this race looks like. Seems like a relatively boring race until the end as they prep for stage 5.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's Marcus Burghardt's ride. Click on other riders for more.
https://www.strava.com/.../1065673041/overview
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [Ken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kittel has the Quickstep crew to lead him out, so he'll likely take the stage
Demare says he will at some point in Le Tour and thinks stage 4 suits him
Bouhanni, Cav, Matthews, Groenwegen, Sagan will be fighting it out for 2nd

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A little biased, but hoping Kristoff kan do good in this one. Slight uphill sprints tend to favor the Norwegian powersprinters :)

Hoping:

Kristoff
Kittel
Demare

Probable:

Kittel
Greipel
Bouhanni
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed re Cav, he's smart enough to maybe pick up a win at some point but on pure strength/speed he's outgunned after his illness. Remains to be seen whether he can ride his way into form during the race (assuming he can survive the mountains) or whether he fades and pulls out early.

I think Greipel will be there or thereabouts and will pick up a stage or 2. Today is as good a chance as any for him.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
Agreed re Cav, he's smart enough to maybe pick up a win at some point but on pure strength/speed he's outgunned after his illness. Remains to be seen whether he can ride his way into form during the race (assuming he can survive the mountains) or whether he fades and pulls out early.

I think Greipel will be there or thereabouts and will pick up a stage or 2. Today is as good a chance as any for him.

Well it would be great to see Cav pull one off assuming his health is on track and he is just "out of shape". If he can survive through on the final 3 days, there is the sprinter stage transitioning from Embrun to Salon, then the Marseilles ITT and then the Champs stage in Paris. Might not be bad to be underraced now to be fresh for those 2 stages at the end of the race.

Breakaway rider 8 min up with 122K to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does someone have a stream that works in Europe/Sweden?
nvm found one

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Last edited by: oscaro: Jul 4, 17 5:50
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know how steep the final pitch is? It is unclear based on this. 18 m over 1k is 1.8% and I don't think that is enough to give the lighter sprinters a benefit:

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Jul 4, 17 7:57
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lovegoat wrote:
A little biased, but hoping Kristoff kan do good in this one. Slight uphill sprints tend to favor the Norwegian powersprinters :)

Hoping:

Kristoff
Kittel
Demare

Probable:

Kittel
Greipel
Bouhanni

According to a interview of Kristoff on NRK, he is think Kittle is the man to beat.

Enjoying NRK on Internet radio here in Seattle. Finally free from NBC commentators.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OUCH. poor Cav. Dekenkolb ran over his head!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ouch
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, overhead kinda shows sagan elbowing Cav. surely not intentional, but still.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That wont buff out

Sagan elbow. Cav stuffed. Sagan saying something to griepel
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man that gave me flashbacks to Marco Simoncelli's fatal wreck >.< very glad he was able to get up
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was painful to watch. I wonder what people will say about Sagan's elbow.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this in german? I am looking for live commentary in english, streaming, audio only.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [Van4ez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll have to watch it a couple dozen more times, but at the moment it looks as though Sagan did the dirty on Cav...
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [Van4ez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sagan ought to be disqualified and sent home. that elbow seemed intentional to me. there is one view - overhead - that seems pretty clear.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fully agree
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
I'll have to watch it a couple dozen more times, but at the moment it looks as though Sagan did the dirty on Cav...

honestly Arnaud should be relegated if anyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Van4ez wrote:
It was painful to watch. I wonder what people will say about Sagan's elbow.

It looked liked one of those instantaneous bad decisions to me. Kind of like road rage, or something.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 4 200+K to Vittel: Kittel vs Cav vs Sagan vs.... [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sagan went to Cav's team bus to apologize. My guess is ASO will stew on this for few hours and give out punishment.

I can only see updates by text so I don't know how bad wreck was. Cyclingnews says cav's hand is bandaged.

Likely day DQ off podium would be my guess.

Seems he was mad at Griepel but cav got brunt of it?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply

Prev Next