Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tailwind or EFS
Quote | Reply
Which one would you recommend and why?

I am looking to mix any of those with maltodextrin. I am considering tailwind because of the caffeine which might come in Handy during my next HIM.

Love the Pain!

Quito-Ecuador
Quote Reply
Re: Tailwind or EFS [mpo_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
of the 2 would go with EFS. But I really like the Skratch stuff. Caffeine is easy fix to add. Skratch doesnt have added crap, use good forms of electrolytes some companies use the bad form of magnesium which in higher qualities is a laxative. Simple is better IMO. But with either cant go wrong, find one you like the taste and works for your - your really splitting hairs comparing but EFS has a bit more ingredients.

I use instant coffee for added - put in gel flask with some sugar or a gel or 2 which I use Skout ones which are date based since normally I dont do gels but the EFS gel isnt bad like GU or powerbar crap. But can use many forms of caffeine for me I prefer a blast of it so since I love coffee I use 2 serving of instant coffee in a flask for a big boost, I dont see point of a slow drip of it, less useful.

BE VERY careful mixing it with malto... hard to really get osmolality right there for you will or may have GI issues, I like Skratch at recommended strength with easy to digest solids like Skout chocolate bar or Figbars or a ricecake (which i have added coffee too)
Last edited by: MattQ: Oct 26, 17 8:53
Quote Reply
Re: Tailwind or EFS [mpo_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For a HIM I use a concentrated bottle with 6 scoops of EFS. Chase each sip w/ water and you'll be golden. Throw in a Clif bar or Liquid Shot if you need a few extra calories.

I hold the caffeine until the run (caffeinated Gu).
Quote Reply