Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tacx Neo/Trainer Road Question
Quote | Reply
I probably will post this on TR thread as well if I get no traction here but I was curious how all of you deal with big jumps on the Tacx to neuromuscular/high VO2 intervals (such as Jepson where you're have 3x5 seconds sprints at 150% in middle of SS intervals). Basically, compared to a computrainer, it seems to jump way too quickly and bog down (on Erg mode), but if you follow what they say and go to Resistance mode, you need to set the right percentage and its super laggy (ie, if the resistance is good for 95% FTP, it is not enough to hit the 130-150% intervals).

It's basically way shittier than my Computrainer and Perf Pro workouts that I did for years, which tells me I must be doing something wrong. Only other variable (perhaps) is that I have P1 pedals and use Powermatch set at Automatic. Help!?!

Thanks ST!
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo/Trainer Road Question [sscott43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The key for me is to get my cadence up before the hard interval starts. Basically I start the interval a few seconds early. The countdown beep is helpful for this. There's some timing to it that may take a little practice, if you ramp the cadence up too soon it doesn't work as well because the Neo will drop the resistance before raising it. About 3secs to go usually works best for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sscott43 wrote:
Only other variable (perhaps) is that I have P1 pedals and use Powermatch set at Automatic. Help!?!

Try a quick workout without powermatch. See if it is different.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo/Trainer Road Question [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsk wrote:
The key for me is to get my cadence up before the hard interval starts. Basically I start the interval a few seconds early. The countdown beep is helpful for this. There's some timing to it that may take a little practice, if you ramp the cadence up too soon it doesn't work as well because the Neo will drop the resistance before raising it. About 3secs to go usually works best for me.

Bingo. This is what I do. Problem fixed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sscott43 wrote:
It's basically way shittier than my Computrainer and Perf Pro workouts that I did for years, which tells me I must be doing something wrong. Only other variable (perhaps) is that I have P1 pedals and use Powermatch set at Automatic. Help!?!
My recommendation would be to turn PowerMatch off unless you're getting a substantial discrepency in the power readings between the two. I also record power from a separate power meter on my trainer workouts (Vector3 in my case), but I don't use Powermatch. I found Powermatch to be pretty clunky and just make the erg mode resistance less smooth. And for intervals with big jumps in intensity I could see Powermatch making things worse, not better.
Quote Reply