Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TRIP TO LA - BIKE RENTAL
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be traveling to LA in a few weeks on business and I checked bike shops that rent and have contacted the ones listed, and shown here on ST, but all have said they no longer rent bikes. Does anyone know of anyone that rents in the Newport Beach area? I am willing to travel a little bit to get one for a day or two but would like to keep the drive under 30 to 45 minutes.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIP TO LA - BIKE RENTAL [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't imply that Newport is part of LA. It's not even in the same county.

It's like saying you live in NYC but live in Jersey.
Last edited by: radelj44: Jul 2, 13 10:23
Quote Reply
Re: TRIP TO LA - BIKE RENTAL [radelj44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to offend. My business is in and around LA and I will be staying in Newport Beach towards the end of the week. So since you got your smart ass comment out, do you know of any bike shops in either LA area or the Orange County area or are you just pissed I was too general?

_____
TEAM HD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on your driving comment, everything I know is too far away. Sorry.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIP TO LA - BIKE RENTAL [radelj44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The closest shop that I know of is Nytro which is quite a trip south and would rather not make that drive. If I can get something in LA then that will be okay because I will be driving all around both Orange and LA counties all week. I'm actually starting the week up north around Valencia and then ending up down around Newport. Fly in Sunday night, fly out Friday night.

Since there doesn't appear to be anything in the Newport area it looks like if I want to ride then I am going to have to drive further than I wanted. Regardless, I'll probably have to rent for a week opposed to only a day or two based on the distance requirement.

So if you have some ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

_____
TEAM HD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can also rent from Helen's Cycles. They have a handful of locations on the West side and South Bay.

See http://helenscycles.com/...ike-rentals-pg97.htm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if they do rentals, but Triathlon Lab in Santa Monica and Redondo beach may be an option.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: TRIP TO LA - BIKE RENTAL [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you but both Triathlon Lab and OneTri have stopped providing rentals.

_____
TEAM HD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Laguna Beach Cycles (Cyclery?) used to do them a couple of years ago, worth a shot.

Why not ask if there's any friendly ST'ers in the area who will lend you one? It worked for me a couple of years ago in Hawaii.
Quote Reply