Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TNO Site is...
Quote | Reply
...awful. I don't go there often, but tonight I took a look and thought was very busy looking and hard to navigate. How can you find the threads you're looking for on there without flipping through every page? Is there a search engine on there? Anyone else agree that it needs some serious help?
Quote Reply
Re: TNO Site is... [zonie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you plan on improving the site since you are concerned?
Quote Reply
Re: TNO Site is... [jmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question. I don't know how to improve their site. I think Dan did a great job with the set up of this forum and (without sounding like a kiss ass) should be the standard for forums based on ease of use, search engine, esthetically, etc.

I also think that my question really is trolling, but I was just bothered to visit their forum and find how difficult it was to move around on the site and wanted to see if I was the only one who felt this way. I'm also 3/4 through a great bottle of Syrah, and all smiles, so maybe my question doesn't make sense?

...but it's a dry heat...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How can you find the threads you're looking for on there without flipping through every page? Is there a search engine on there?

Yes, there's a search engine on TNO. Conveniently, it is labeled "Search" I would suggest using that link for all search related functions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It does everything this site does, just differently. You can search by keyword or poster, you can view flat, threaded, etc. There are different forums like classifieds and OT. You're probably just not used to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, one thing I do like about the TNO forum that isn't available here is the ability to view the forum in a threaded format, where you can see the replies, and whether you've read them or not, without having to open the thread. But then again the flat mode once you open a thread here isn't available there.

Trade-offs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: TNO Site is... [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That function is available here. You just have to set it up in your profile. No way in hell would I be here if I had to read every thread or if the only way I coudl view a thread was flat.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The TNO site is MUCH better than this one; people aside that is.

It uses a PHP interface and really puts this MB in the stoneage..I really hope empfeild will catch on to it and put a nicer looking board in here
Quote Reply