Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TI swimming
Quote | Reply
For you guys that are into TI Total Immersion swimming. I have just started to implement some of the drills and man it has made a difference for me. I swam over 2k for lunch and I feel great. In one practice session my stroke count for 25 meters went from an average of 19-20 down to 15-19. I thought I could swim pretty good before but now!!! This is great but I have to concentrate on what I am doing. How long does it take it to be second nature?
Quote Reply
Re: TI swimming [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How Long did it take to walk? It won't take long! At its a great feeling in the water to know that you have become, as TI would say, "slippery"!!!
Quote Reply
Re: TI swimming [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Terry talks about how long it takes in his book. I think his estimate is about 40,000 yds for a new skill. Of course I'm sure that number varies greatly. If you get into doing the drills, I would recommend the fist gloves he sells. People give you a funny look at the pool but I have found them helpful. They almost instantly knocked 2 strokes/25yd for me. What really made a difference to me was to only drill for a couple of weeks, and not swim more than a 50 at a time since after that my concentration would slip and my technique went to hell.
Quote Reply