Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TALK and tell about my position
Quote | Reply
L and Rt shots.

Be brutal but no that is not my truck, house etc.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jan 8, 06 21:00
Quote Reply
Re: Talk to me about my position [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yoou need to look up when you are riding, Brian, otherwise you will go into a parked car!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put yourself in the trainer and have your loving wife (or johnnyo) take the shots again.

Cool jersey... it changes colors depending on the way you look at it. :)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I like the cool chameleon jersey too. Honestly, your position looks pretty dialed in too me (assuming you have no neck pain)

Quote | Reply
One of the few I've seen where the reach looks right. The angle of the 2nd pic is distorting, so hard to tell much.

Nice and low for sure. Does your back bug you? You look like your hips are rotated as far as they *could* be, assuming a taint of steel.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This first photo looks good, your head and shoulder position look low. The wrist angle does not look relaxed and if you are going longer than Olympic, I suggest you find some extentions that do not require as much upper body input to control. I'd also trim 1cm from the ends of the extentions to put the shifter right in your hands so you needn't move to change the gear selection.

[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c74/desertdude111/Bike%20stuff/100_0347.jpg[/img]

Depending on pedalling style the second photo suggest the seat looks high. I know if has become a cliche' but on sustained climbs with a lower RPM you might find that dropping your ankle through the BDC of the stroke produces more climbing torque, perhaps you are too far forward to achieve that technique and perhaps there are no climbs in your race plans. The photo below shows a pointed toe and 155ish degree of leg extention. If you experiment, you may also look at moving your cleat backwards a few mm with it so the difference in heel up and heel down is not as drastic.

You look fast.

[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c74/desertdude111/Bike%20stuff/100_0351.jpg[/img]

of course a 90 degree stem would eliminate all those spacers and excess steerer tube.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent overall. I would prefer my saddle 1-1.5cm lower and 1-1.5cm forward.

Buy a Rocket helmet -- you're low enough that it will give you a great benefit.

Very nice setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you get knee clearance for out of the saddle efforts?

Nice position otherwise, a set of photos looking down the road might complete the set.
Quote Reply
Re: Talk to me about my position [Jim Mewkill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the nicest feature about the hed fliplights is the pads can be flipped up for out of the saddle climbing w/out smashing your knee.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian,

is that an OCR jersey...do you know Joey?

Kurt

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Re: Talk to me about my position [trukweaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It might be an OCR jersey, I think so. I was given that jersey along with a Tokyo Joe's jersey from a former client.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jan 8, 06 16:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok, cool. I used to race for that team when I was in school in Cali.

Kurt

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope thats not your truck.....its filthy dirty and has been crashed : )

I like the look of adobe style houses. I'll be in Sedona in about 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are packing and throwing away TONS of stuff before we move. I still have no idea how to move all my bikes. I think I'll ship 3 of them and put one in the car, just to be sure at least one of them makes it to Arizona. The Zipp 2001's are not replaceable.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Talk to me about my position [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I hope thats not your truck.....its filthy dirty and has been crashed : )

I like the look of adobe style houses. I'll be in Sedona in about 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are packing and throwing away TONS of stuff before we move. I still have no idea how to move all my bikes. I think I'll ship 3 of them and put one in the car, just to be sure at least one of them makes it to Arizona. The Zipp 2001's are not replaceable.

I think you meant stucco houses. And it's not a style, it's a building material.

;-)

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Talk to me about my position [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I think you meant stucco houses. And it's not a style, it's a building material.

;-)
Looks, like the lawn hasn't been raked in months. Smile
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally, position pics of a guy actually riding outdoors and not staged on a trainer. Brian, looks like cdw has his work cut out for him at the big Chad vs Brian smackdown...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, nice pics. Whats ups with the different color jerseys in each pic, did you wifey make you change clothes for each shot and whats up with people folding up their cycling shorts at the end, is that a fashion statement or did you learn that from gary tingley.

Your position looks good and with your knowledge only you can decide were you really want to be and what works best for you on the bike, you cant go wrong, but I dont like that wrist flex, its way too much for IM distances, maybe tilt the bars down a little.

Oh and tell your neighbor in pic 1 to pick up the newspaper. And your neighbor in pic 2 has to replant that poinsetta tree, that tree will get huge along with the roots and it seems like the roots will wreak havok on his house and garage and why doesnt anyone have any GRASS, there are good golf courses around that do have grass so why not the houses?

------------------------------------------------------

http://home.pacbell.net/diana_do/knowjack.htm
Quote Reply
Re: Talk to me about my position [Jack Schitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
... whats up with people folding up their cycling shorts at the end, is that a fashion statement or did you learn that from gary tingley.

That's how most everybody I see on the road wears those PI shorts. I thought I was being odd until I noticed zillions of people with them that way.
Quote Reply
Re: Talk to me about my position [Ashburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No grass in your yards??
Quote Reply
Re: Talk to me about my position [Ashburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, those PI shorts are super long and IMO these particlular ones are not worth a third of what they cost. Besides, can't ruin the tan lines, after all it's great tanning weather right now. The jersey is blue on one side and orange on the other. we live in phoenix, everyone does desert landscaping, saves water and is super easy to maintain.

The wrists are rather comfy thorugh about 2.5 hrs.

I like the idea (thank you whomever) of getting a 90degree stem to reduce stack height although it is only 3cm above the top of the headset.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jan 8, 06 18:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the setup looks rather good. I can't wait to see you in a race on it.
:-)
Herbert

Quintana Roo
Quote Reply
Re: TALK and tell about my position [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian,

Finally a photo of the desert legend. If it were me, I'd move farther forward. :)

How tall are you anyway?

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: Talk to me about my position [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian, looks like cdw has his work cut out for him at the big Chad vs Brian smackdown...

Yes, well, I have a plan for this at the Desert Duathlon. I figure I will go and visit him with my three kids the day before the race. He'll use up so much energy trying to keep them from tearing apart his house that he run out of gas half-way through the ride. I'm not even worried about warning him. When they get started my kids are like a force of nature. Of course, he could lock the door when he sees us pull up with the RV trailer ...

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: TALK and tell about my position [cdw & herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just under 6ft. the Lucero is at 77 degrees and I'm probably riding about 76. Have not measured yet, I prefer to set myself up based upon feel. As I have gotten older I have been sliding back, maybe b/c I ride my road bike all the time except for races.

Herbert as for racing, my early season plans have been put on hold (Chad, we might have to reschedule to Showdown in the Desert) until I can figure out how damaged my knee is from my running spill last Sunday. Still hurts to do weight bearing activities and though a pretty large range of motion.

Chad, bring on the kids, I have duct tape and Ambien.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jan 9, 06 7:51
Quote Reply
Re: Talk to me about my position [Jack Schitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That jersey is split down the middle, a different color on either side.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply

Prev Next