Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

T1 Wetsuit
Quote | Reply
I plan on ordering a Desoto T1 wetsuit. Has anyone compared the Black Pearl to the First Wave version? Is the difference worth the price difference?

Kirby
Quote Reply
Re: T1 Wetsuit [Pharaoh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went with a BP bottom and FW top. The FW is more supple or softer so I opted for that for my shoulders sake. I'm not that great of a swimmer so I figured I needed all the help I could get but from what I read when I searched here and elsewhere is that the top is key and the bottom isn't as important. How good of a swimmer are you? Do your shoulders tire easily? Do you have a good kick?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've swam in both. To me the primary difference is in the top when swimming. I'm not a great swimmer by any stretch, a MOP'er, so I need all the flexibility I can get. The First Wave is enough more flexible than the Black Pearl that it is very noticeable to me. In the pants, I saw a big difference putting them on and taking them off, but not much tangible difference while actually swimming. For me, I need flexibility above the waist in my wetsuit.

Combining a First wave top with a Black Pearl bottom is a good way to save a few bucks, but you'll feel it when putting the suit on and in the transition area. If those two aspects of the suit's performance are important to you consider the First Wave in both pieces, otherwise, save a buck or two and combine them. One way or another- at least from my perspective- the First Wave is worth the upgrade in the top. I'd go with that.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: T1 Wetsuit [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am going to get a First wave top for sure......not sure on the bottom yet.

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: T1 Wetsuit [Bladed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did first wave both, it is just money., :o)

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: T1 Wetsuit [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right.....what the hell.......OK...its settled. First Wave top and bottom......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What drives me nuts, and this is just me, is I spend a bunch of money, but not all the way. Then I kick myself for not just doing it
right. (Luckily I do not have too many hobbies.) I told an RD I am close friends with that no way could I afford to get into mountain
biking. :o)

Good choice.

Dave

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here. My wife always says " Go with the most expensive, I don't want to hear you complaining later ". She's great!

Kirby
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tend to agree with your wife.....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats exactly what my wife said on the race wheels! Boy do I love her!! They are on order! Yea.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my PX 101's will be here Tuesday...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool, I tell me wife every night how lucky I am. She just smiles.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish they'd offer the vest in the First Wave. I ordered a Black Pearl vest, really all I need is a vest where I live.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the difference between a bib-john bottom as compared to the Speetube? (Other than the loops?)

Thanks to Euro-Sports for my H3Cs.

http://www.euro-sports.ca
Quote Reply
Re: T1 Wetsuit [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If they had a vest if First Wave, I would buy. Will just wait.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys are killing me. I just ordered a Black Pearl set. I've been following the UPS tracking for the last few days. They tried to delover today but I wasn't here. After reading this thread I kind of wish I'd gotten the First Wave set. We'll see once I get it and take it for a swim. First race with it is in 2 weeks - Galveston. So far Emilio has been fantastic to deal with.

------------------------------
"Unless you have a ... GF who might put out that night and that night only ... skip it and race." - AndyPants 3-15-2007
Quote Reply
Re: T1 Wetsuit [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
You guys are killing me. I just ordered a Black Pearl set. I've been following the UPS tracking for the last few days. They tried to delover today but I wasn't here. After reading this thread I kind of wish I'd gotten the First Wave set. We'll see once I get it and take it for a swim. First race with it is in 2 weeks - Galveston. So far Emilio has been fantastic to deal with. [/reply]

If it were me I would just email them with a link to this thead and tell them you want them to send you out the more expensive one and you will send the other one back unused.

They will charge your card for the new one but then deduct the other one when they get it back. This way you get what you REALLY want and he doesn't end up with a used suit he has to REALLY discount to someone else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
send it back...get the First Wave....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, this is why I try to get the best stuff. When I do not, I end up kicking myself. Seems well worth the few extra dollars.
If you do not change it now, you will always be thinking about it.

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: T1 Wetsuit [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< I wish they'd offer the vest in the First Wave >>
<< If they had a vest if First Wave, I would buy >>

OK, this I gotta know - what in f*ck's sake would anybody need the VEST in First Wave rubber for?

(remember, it's a VEST - as in, it ain't got no sleeves)

I'm a T1 ho, I have the bottoms and L/S top in First Wave, and the vest as it comes, in Black Pearl. There is zero need or point for the vest to be anything other or more than it is. Emilio is trying to save people like you from themselves.

I've got a deal for you - send me $50, and I'll send you a sticker that you can put on your vest that says First Wave. We'll both feel better.

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: Mar 16, 07 18:21
Quote Reply
Re: T1 Wetsuit [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You do not use a rear disc I hope. :o) Martin can save you lots of money. Too bad I did not listen to him. :o(

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CH Aero cover, baby.

My 404 rear wheel is gathering dust, I really aughta reBay it.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: T1 Wetsuit [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, you win. :o)

I will be helping Zipp to pay for those wind tunnel testing. :o(

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure that I'll send it back on Monday when it gets here. I'll try it on the verify that I got the right sizing and then email Emilio and send it back wthout ever getting it wet.

------------------------------
"Unless you have a ... GF who might put out that night and that night only ... skip it and race." - AndyPants 3-15-2007
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. When I got mine, I tried it on first, so if did not fit, I could send back. Have yet to wear in the water yet. First lake swim tri is
in a month.

I would call them on the phone. Much faster. :o)

Dave

Quote Reply