Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swisside Hadrons Powertap Compatible?
Quote | Reply
I have tried without success to contact Swiss Side directly to get this question answered. I have not heard back and it has been months of emails every so often.

I want to purchase a Hadron 625 wheelset and re-use a powertap SL hub (I had rebuilt with G3 internals this winter.)

My wheels are very old HED jets, the narrow ones... and the carbon fairing is starting to come loose at the rim. I have "repaired it" with some glue, but figure a new wheelset is in my future.

Does anyone have reason to believe the 625 is not powertap compatible? Both my hub and their wheel are 24 spoke...

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Last edited by: warwicke36: May 29, 15 12:26
Quote Reply
Re: Swisside Hadrons Powertap Compatible? [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me try giving you a total non-answer answer. :)

Try reaching out to the guy that started the Swiss side post here (ScottB if I'm going off memory?)--and ask him if he can give you the flange diameters of the supplied hubs and how big a hole is cut for the spoke to pass through the fairing. It's a simple trigonometry issue, but you have the 70mm flange diameter going against you. Flange spacing is going to make a much smaller effect (most hubs are pretty close to the same dimensions). It may work, but I'm betting you'd be a lot closer with a G3 hub than a converted G2. And you'll have much better success with the 60mm than you will an 80+ (but that seems your goal as it stands).

I forgot who fit a Flo60 + G3 hub, which is a similar problem. So it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

I built my G3 on to a 60mm generic structural carbon/alloy rim to avoid worrying about whether I could thread any of the faired rims. I've put plenty of miles on said wheel and it's been very solid, albeit quite heavy.

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best to contact Swissside directly for an answer. I can tell you that I am still happy with my Hadron 625s and am sure you would be pleased with them. Worst case scenario is that the rear wheel would have to be re-spoked which may not make economical sense.
Quote Reply
Re: Swisside Hadrons Powertap Compatible? [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a quote of $50 plus spoke cost to respoke a rear wheel, from a trusted tech who did a great job with the wheelset I have now. So from a cost standpoint I think I will be ahead of the curve so to speak, even with the cost of a wheel build.

Happy to hear you like your Hadrons. I don't see why I wouldn't so long as they pair up with my powertap.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply