Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suspicious Craig's List Posting for 56cm Cervelo, LG Size 11 "sneakers"
Quote | Reply
Someone noticed this ad posted on Jersey Shore Craig's List for a "barely used" Cervelo for $1000. He got suspicious by the use of language like "and the sneakers that come with the bike" and emailed the poster, who said the "sneakers" are LG size 11 and the bike is 56cm. Anyone in the Jersey Shore area "lose" a Cervelo lately?

https://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/bik/5993428172.html
Quote Reply
Re: Suspicious Craig's List Posting for 56cm Cervelo, LG Size 11 "sneakers" [Jelana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know if they'd have a trainer if they stole it.....if they stole the trainer as well I'd think they would be selling it....and how'd they get the guys "sneakers"
Quote Reply
Re: Suspicious Craig's List Posting for 56cm Cervelo, LG Size 11 "sneakers" [Jelana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ask what components are on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Suspicious Craig's List Posting for 56cm Cervelo, LG Size 11 "sneakers" [blaxxuede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it could be kosher, or it could have been stolen out of the back of a car. The price seems ok, but I've never heard anyone use the term "sneakers" for road bike shoes, so that's what really triggered the suspicion. I figured it couldn't hurt anything to get the word out there just in case it is stolen and someone is out there looking for it.
Last edited by: Jelana: Feb 9, 17 7:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree, it's super shady.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And "triathalon" is spelled incorrectly. Which tells us exactly nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Suspicious Craig's List Posting for 56cm Cervelo, LG Size 11 "sneakers" [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hurts my eyes to read "Triathalon"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jelana wrote:
I've never heard anyone use the term "sneakers" for road bike shoes, so that's what really triggered the suspicion.

I never heard anybody call blue jeans "dungarees"; or sprinkles on ice cream "jimmies"; or a hanger a "hangk - ur" -- until I went to New Jersey.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Re: Suspicious Craig's List Posting for 56cm Cervelo, LG Size 11 "sneakers" [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chan wrote:

mm I kinda like it. From this day on I will now spell it triathalon.
Quote Reply
Re: Suspicious Craig's List Posting for 56cm Cervelo, LG Size 11 "sneakers" [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
Chan wrote:

mm I kinda like it. From this day on I will now spell it triathalon.

I was playing a Sporacle quiz that ask to name the sports in the 2016 Summer Olympics. I did not get credit for Triathlon because Sporacle used the Triathalon spelling. Yeah I was scratching my head on that one when I typed it in and knew it was spelled right but it still wouldn't give me credit for it.

But, yeah, that add looks a little suspect.
Quote Reply
Re: Suspicious Craig's List Posting for 56cm Cervelo, LG Size 11 "sneakers" [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you typed it as Sporacle to be punny, as the site is Sporcle.
Quote Reply
Re: Suspicious Craig's List Posting for 56cm Cervelo, LG Size 11 "sneakers" [Cdn_Biker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
đŸ˜€
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's an old 2010 P2, probably worth about $1,000. I think they were around $2500 new. Maybe it's an ex getting rid of some old junk or something? I find it unlikely that they would have a trainer and cycling shoes with the bike if they stole it.
Quote Reply
Re: Suspicious Craig's List Posting for 56cm Cervelo, LG Size 11 "sneakers" [RZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stolen pic from a legit seller. SCAM!
Quote Reply