Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Survivor Guatemala & cramps
Quote | Reply
In the pilot of CBS's latest Survivor season, teams had to engage in a 11-mile jungle hike. 4 of the 5 men (I think) in one tribe succumbed to serious cramping. None of the women on that team had cramps, including a couple that looked seriously out of shape. Coincidence? -- or is there some kind of connection with muscle mass, body fat percentage, etc.?

-jens

p.s. I wonder if it would be possible to smuggle some endurolytes into the show.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Guatemala & cramps [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Christopher Walken can smuggle a watch out of a prison camp surely someone can smuggle endurolytes into survivor.

Styrrell

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw that and wondered if they were being monitored and/or assisted off-camera. I understand the premise of the show but heat illness is serious stuff.

mcastle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they were being manly men and didn't drink enough. I also wondered about the treatment - while I am sure that they all sign waivers to appear on the show, I'm sure that the producers would have some liability for watching a person die from an easily treated affliction. It looked pretty serious.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The dudes appeared to be doing a lot of the heavy lifting. I also wonder if they shared some funky water.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Guatemala & cramps [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i wore that uncomfortable hunk up metal up my ass...
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Guatemala & cramps [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i wore that uncomfortable hunk up metal up my ass...
??????
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Guatemala & cramps [Tell3131] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pulp fiction. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Guatemala & cramps [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought you were saying you had scoliosis!

;)

we cool?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In an interview of the old guy that got booted, he said the men may have eaten some bad pineapple that the women didn't touch.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Guatemala & cramps [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL!!!

just for that i know a frog's legs i'm going to fry up in a big skillet.

:P
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Guatemala & cramps [Wolfwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In an interview of the old guy that got booted, he said the men may have eaten some bad pineapple that the women didn't touch.

That sounds plausible. I think of vomiting as a cause rather than a symptom of deyhdration.

--j

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would have figured that having the bannanas would have helped helped- they had to have eaten or drank something really bad. I figure they wouldn't show if they had gotten help from a medical crew.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I wanna know is - how come the nurse, of all people, didn't think to make the dude eat a banana? Potassium! Duh! Remember they had all that fruit they could take? Why didn't ANYBODY think of that before they left? I got so frustrated! (I'm also getting a tad obsessed w/ Survivor).

How about in the reruns on OLN, in the Africa episodes when they pick up all the gear to hike to camp and just dump all that water out - w/o wetting their heads or anything? I think triathletes will kick serious arse on that show!!!
Quote Reply