Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Super League Triathlon GF Neom (With Super Cool Promo)
Quote | Reply
Actually looking forward to this more after seeing the Promos for it, the rest of Triathlon should be doing this for big races..

https://youtube.com/...?si=_gW5KJnKClwzDR9r
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Triathlon GF Neom (With Super Cool Promo) [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Triathlon GF Neom (With Super Cool Promo) [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They don’t allow women to dress like that in Saudi Arabia (or speak when not spoken to), so it must’ve been shot in Bahrain or sth

But anyway, that’s not my objection here. As a fan of Super League I realize the right to host the final was granted to the highest bidder, against the interests of fans. The course is so glaringly hopeless that I doubt I’ll tune in this time.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Oct 20, 23 13:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should be a fun and exciting race, still doubt on who the final podium will be in the mens and womens. See Spivey on the list, any news on how her injury has progressed? Certainly a big payday if she can race to form and get a good placing. Anyone know the time and day it will air in California??
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Triathlon GF Neom (With Super Cool Promo) [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Anyone know the time and day it will air in California??
4am

Quote Reply
Re: Super League Triathlon GF Neom (With Super Cool Promo) [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, think I will be watching it just a couple hours later on the replay..(-;
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Triathlon GF Neom (With Super Cool Promo) [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep in mind with SLT’s format of each format getting points shes almost assuredly there for that and to claim her team portion of the team prizes. Can’t see her running. Or shall I say I can’t see her running and finishing.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Oct 20, 23 15:28
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Triathlon GF Neom (With Super Cool Promo) [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya I get the format and the $$ paid out in all the different categories. Was just wondering if anyone knew if she was actually running again. Most likely if she does start, probably a massive swim/bike leg, and then another pull off the course. Still gets some points, maybe even gets some $$ for overall in the swim/bike categories, not sure how all that works out.

Really gutted for her, couldn't be worse timing for a running injury, but perhaps still plenty of time to sort it and be back at it for the big events coming up...If she doesnt sort this out soon and bounce back, it literally could be Knibb, KZ and GJ on the olympic team, how crazy would that be??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spivey gutsy to make it to the finish with 6th.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Triathlon GF Neom (With Super Cool Promo) [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a complete F up from the team manager to screw up the mano y mano finish by not giving short shute to Wilde (who earned it and was racing for the title).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sometimes they play up this team thing way too much. Like...he was mad that Hayden went off on his own on the first one and told him he had it so he wanted to prove a point. Freaking ego driven. Would've been an epic finish for sure. A stupid end to a sensational race.

Did Bergere actually get his team their short chute? I can't actually remember.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Triathlon GF Neom (With Super Cool Promo) [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Sometimes they play up this team thing way too much. Like...he was mad that Hayden went off on his own on the first one and told him he had it so he wanted to prove a point. Freaking ego driven. Would've been an epic finish for sure. A stupid end to a sensational race.

Did Bergere actually get his team their short chute? I can't actually remember.

No, Hauser got it for the team.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Triathlon GF Neom (With Super Cool Promo) [IanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good thing Macca put his dude in charge. What a cluster - easiest decision in the world and you eff it up.

Hayden was pissed. I turned it off before interviews because it was still like...5 in the morning haha.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Triathlon GF Neom (With Super Cool Promo) [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a link for playback of this. One that doesn't give away the answer?
Maybe the Facebook/YouTube playback, but direct to the video, so as not to give away the answer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Good thing Macca put his dude in charge. What a cluster - easiest decision in the world and you eff it up.

Hayden was pissed. I turned it off before interviews because it was still like...5 in the morning haha.

He soon calmed down when he remembered where the money comes from. Was laughing and saying all good to the manager. Don't bite the hands that feed you is the old saying.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Triathlon GF Neom (With Super Cool Promo) [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next year we'll have "player managers" like they did in the old days of sport, lol. "No I won the SS so I am going to take it".

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been trying as best I can to avoid spoilers, so keeping out this thread, can anyone link me up with a FULL race replay please?

Last SL race I went looking could only find a highlights reel on Superleague YouTube channel?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have WT subscription i believe that's the only place for full replay, I can't ever find them online anymore it's only highlights.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Been trying as best I can to avoid spoilers, so keeping out this thread, can anyone link me up with a FULL race replay please?

Last SL race I went looking could only find a highlights reel on Superleague YouTube channel?

There you go. Found the video embedded in the SLT website, whereto I was directed by their post-race newsletter. They use non-public links nowadays, no chance of one turning up in a YouTube search.

https://www.youtube.com/...?si=IZDc3hBZpnsrpFNI

Quote Reply
Re: Super League Triathlon GF Neom (With Super Cool Promo) [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers for link,

Waugh has really announced herself now (if she hadn't already) as a top women, future of the women's sport battling it out in that race (all really young) with Salzalzi not too far behind.

Ridiculous decision not to give Wilde that Short Chute, his bad luck in races continues!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the best moments of the season:

Waugh has suffering plastered all over her body, let alone her face, as she approaches the finish line. The contrast between her demeanor and that of the leading Smooth Beaugrand is quite stark (though in reality they’re probably both suffering similar pains).

Then Waugh glances back to realize how safe she is in her second place and that means she’s about to win the whole series. The sufferface is momentarily interrupted by that nanosecond smile!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Intresting watch, check out 27:35 mins in, Cassandra B picks Schoeman for the short chute larking about with coach.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll watch that one later. Meanwhile they posted the final race season podcast episode (it's on the podcast apps as well).

Worth a listen for the entertainment value alone. The banter between McCloy, Macca and the Don is insane. People look at me bewildered when I commute to work or home and burst out lauging all of a sudden.

Quote Reply