Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Strava iPhone app question
Quote | Reply
I have a problem with the Strava app on my iPhone. Everytime I turn it on, it won't pick up a signal. If I close out the app (double-click close out) then re-open it, it gets the signal immediately. It always does this, every day.

Any ideas why? I've deleted the app and re-downloaded it. I've turned my phone off and on again, etc.

Weird. No other apps do this.

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Quote Reply
Re: Strava iPhone app question [Mendeldave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine has recently started behaving similarly so am wondering if one of the recent updates screwed something up? I've started simply hitting the button and rolling, and within a few seconds the signal kicks in.
Quote Reply
Re: Strava iPhone app question [trifreemc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll give that a try tomorrow

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
Dad of twins
Quote Reply
Re: Strava iPhone app question [Mendeldave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Mendeldave,

I work on the Strava Support Team. Agree with the previous poster that you should try recording and see if it works. The app should still record accurately.

We're seeing some strange behavior with the GPS status indicator not showing the status correctly when in fact there is good GPS lock and the app is ready to record. One thing you can try is swiping over to the map and back to the recording screen or going to your Profile and then coming back to the recording screen and see if the GPS status indicator refreshes.

If you are in fact having problems with the app and it won't record, please submit a ticket on our support site and we'll be happy to investigate.

https://strava.zendesk.com/home

Cheers,
Travis
Strava Support Team
Quote Reply
Re: Strava iPhone app question [travisr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys, I tried just rolling off today and it worked. Took about 2 seconds to go green once I was moving.

In the past I had tried swiping to either side but that didn't do the trick. But it looks like just riding worked, so problem solved. Even if it seems a bit odd, it still records my data, because you know, if it's not on Strava... it never happened ;-)

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
Dad of twins
Quote Reply