Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stack/Reach question for clarification
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'10" and have ridden Medium Trek SC. S/R is 474/478. The S/R for a Cervelo p5 disc size 51 is listed as 486/403. So the stack is a hair taller and the reach is 75mm shorter (7.5 cm). Is this something that is easily adjusted for with a stem and aeropad set up?
Quote Reply
Re: Stack/Reach question for clarification [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends. What are your pad x/y numbers?

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're mixing up pad stack/reach vs frame stack/reach. You're likely quoting your pad S/R on your SC (which you likely have wrong - see below) while the P5 numbers are the frame S/R.

The frame S/R of a medium Gen 3 Speed Concept is 517/416 (517/408 for the Gen 1 and Gen 2). So there's no way you can have a pad stack of 474 unless you have some undermounted bar setup that's lower than the top tube and even then you can’t have pads lower than the base bar.

ETA: A size 54 P5 is closer in size to a medium SC than a size 51 P5. At 5’10” you’re most likely a 54 or Medium. The 51 P5 is closer in size to a small SC.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Jun 23, 23 15:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
I'm 5'10" and have ridden Medium Trek SC. S/R is 474/478. The S/R for a Cervelo p5 disc size 51 is listed as 486/403. So the stack is a hair taller and the reach is 75mm shorter (7.5 cm). Is this something that is easily adjusted for with a stem and aeropad set up?

Now that you know the frame stack/reaches, you want to then measure (if possible) the X, Y offsets of the SC pad position from the frame stack/reach point.

The P5 is designed for easy pad X/Y adjustment without having to mess around with stems. In fact, it doesn't even have a classic stem. Once you have the SC pad offset, you should be able to see if the P5 will work. Over here Dan has a nice graph showing the various ranges offered by the bar's pad X, Y adjustment.

Edit: Yeah, also make sure you're not confusing pad positions vs frame stack/reach.
Last edited by: trail: Jun 23, 23 14:11
Quote Reply
Re: Stack/Reach question for clarification [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, the numbers I pulled were from a quick Google search and the same site came up for both bikes. I used the numbers from the same site. I was in a rush, and should have checked more thoroughly before posting, but felt it would be accurate as it was the same site.

I was also hoping it would work as a frame I was interested in seemed to be priced reasonably well.

In the end, I know the real answer is what are my fit coordinates, but didn't have them at the time, (or now as I'm laying in bed).
Quote Reply