Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sprint Race
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone..

Final A-race of the season, Danish Championships in Sprint (750-20-5) and it is a Time Trial (non draft) starting one minute apart..

Now... I have done all my training perfect really in good shape..

I just need all the small advices and tips how to stay focus, how to earn every second I can.. All the small things to make it a perfect and FAST race.

Schmidt-dK

Forgot: And as a thank you I'll make a race report:D

---
Long Distance PB: 8:25
Instagram: larsschmidttri
Last edited by: Schmidt-DK: Aug 24, 05 7:40
Quote Reply
Re: Sprint Race [Schmidt-DK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, I can say from personal experience, don't try to dismount in a crowd

good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Sprint Race [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
go as minimal as possible. i do start to finish in the same clothing, usually just tri shorts, no shirt. T1 is my bike, helmet, glasses, shoes, race number belt. T2 is running shoes and maybe a running hat. no socks, no gloves, no pan of water, etc. (of course this all applies to short races only)

practice transitions. the seconds you save there may be the differance you need to place.

________

70.3 is the cousin to OD........ Ironman has no relatives! -Simon Lessing

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that 750 meters, 20 mile bike, and 5 mile run... or 750 meters, 20K bike, and 5K run?

Id say for a 20K bike adn 5K run you need no more than one water bottle on the bike. Also , screw gloves or any thing you dont NEED. Id say helmet and sunglasses are about it.

Try to ride and run like you are trying to catch the person in front of you. Once you catch that one, focus on the next.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: Sprint Race [johnsonpt1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It helps to reply to the person asking the question, not the last person in the thread.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- Practice your transitions before the race, visualize them as you're approaching them in the race.

- Use your bike computer to stay focused. Don't let speed drop, it's a sprint, focus on always giving 100%. Think of Sindballe, try to ride in 20k the same he's able to for 120-180k :-)

- On the run go hard from start to finish and sprint to the finish line, you don't want to lose a placing by 1 second!

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sprint Race [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
really.....how does replying to the original poster help make you faster?

________

70.3 is the cousin to OD........ Ironman has no relatives! -Simon Lessing

Quote Reply
Re: Sprint Race [johnsonpt1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wile E. Coyote - Super genius

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swim like there is no bike---bike like there is no run---then run like you stole something!!

Dan
póg mo thóin
Quote Reply
Re: Sprint Race [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like Sindballe.. I will have no chance;) He is a monster on the bike, but I'll try...

Last years results, 750 meters (indoor SCM), 20 k (including trans) and 5 k (think they said the run was 200 meters short)(Sindballe was training hard for Kona and Henning was stille in shape from Hamburg and Athens):

Overall:

1. Torbjørn Sindballe 08.56 - 27.30 - 15.39 = 52.05

2. Rasmus Henning 8.36 - 29.03 - 15.40 = 53.19

9. Lars Schmidt (me:D) 09.09 - 31.31 - 17.41 = 58.21

Sindballe is not racing because of his injury, but this year my goal is to get within 4 min of Rasmus..

---
Long Distance PB: 8:25
Instagram: larsschmidttri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Danish Championships in Sprint (750-20-5)

And you want advice from us :)

I use Pam spray so the suit literally flies off in a few seconds. Not good for the suit, but if you are going to be competitve those seconds could be precious.
Quote Reply