Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spring Rides: Our Greektown, Detroit ride (link)
Quote | Reply
This is one of our favorite rides here in Southeastern Michigan. Here's a link to our site that shows the ride:

http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/...ures/greektown.shtml

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Rides: Our Greektown, Detroit ride (link) [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mmmmmmm..... I LOVE Astoria bakery!!!

http://j-motrilife.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Rides: Our Greektown, Detroit ride (link) [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice article Tom. Do you actually enjoy riding in such an urban environment? I think I would be too stressed riding in an area like that. If I hit more than 2 streetlights on my whole ride I am not happy. Here is a pic from one of our favorites in norther Sonoma County. This is Rockpile Rd with Lake Sonoma to the east. Just west of here are the coastal mountains and the ocean. http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=35d3ygn
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Martin C: Feb 27, 07 8:58
Re: Spring Rides: Our Greektown, Detroit ride (link) [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Why doesn't this work with Firefox?
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Rides: Our Greektown, Detroit ride (link) [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is amazingly beautiful.

I do like riding in a urban setting. Not all the time, but some of the time. It is part of what we have to work with so we work with it.

There are other rides we're posting on the site throughout the month and Greektown is just one of them. Most of the other rides are more suburban or even somewhat rural.

The most common ride here for years has been Hines Drive. I have done that several thousand times since I was 20, that is 25 years of riding predominantly the same main route. We're all excited about finding new routes. We only go back on Hines drive maybe once a week now. Even though it is a nice ride with beautiful scenery and low traffic volume we've just done the darn thing so many times.

Now, if I had rides like the one you showed, that definately would be nicer. No question.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Spring Rides: Our Greektown, Detroit ride (link) [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
things to do within the next 5 years: move to sonoma county.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geek Town Ride!!!

I am so up for that! To ride around with a bunch of other nerds and not look out of place. To show up in my usual mismatched non-kit kit which tends to clash horribly with my bike and not be laughed at. To enjoy riding with my base bars three inches higher than my saddle, and yet look aero amongst my fellow geeks!

I will be there!

Oh, wait a second, you wrote Greektown.

Nevermind.

;-)

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Rides: Our Greektown, Detroit ride (link) [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We still get laughed at.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Encouraging.

Now, if I could only learn to manage to hold 28-29 mph sucking on someones' wheel, I might manage one of your rides.

I have read your past posts and stories, and I remember all!

;-)

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Rides: Our Greektown, Detroit ride (link) [$2/chuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now is the time to do it as median home price has dropped down to under $600K for an itty bitty house. It is a nice area to ride. Guess that is why the Tour of California came here for the second year in a row.

In Reply To:
things to do within the next 5 years: move to sonoma county.
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Rides: Our Greektown, Detroit ride (link) [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, at the end of these rides our average speed is usually about 19 m.p.h.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply