Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sports cardiologist in Toronto?
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

My friend is wondering if anyone has recommendations for a cardiologist who understands athletes (particularly endurance athletes) in the Toronto/surrounding areas.

Any recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Sports cardiologist in Toronto? [art_k82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CHeck out the Cleveland Clinic. We did some VO2max testing with them and they did a bunch of testing on us and were very interested in our cardiograms and results as athletes versus non athletes.

NCCP certified Comp coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mate - not sure what you are wanting one for but Dr. Lum in Standard Life tower King/York is the best sports medical in city IMHO. He kept my body together for years and can do a private (u pay) EKG on site. He's also very well connected to the experts in city and gets you through the medical maze quickly. For example, he got me from diagnosis, to MRI, to surgery in about 4 weeks for my sport hernia. Without that surgery, i wouldn't be running or riding anymore.

Will send DM note with contact #.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess it depends on what your friend needs advice on or is trying to resolve. Looks like Rhys might have you on the right track in TO.

If that doesn't work out I can refer you to a phenomenal cardiologist in London. He works out of the University Hospital. He has worked with and operated on top age group athletes and has helped me personally. He is also our expert when we need to discuss endurance athletes and race related safety issues for the series. If you would like to follow-up please PM or email me.

John Salt, Founder - MultiSport Canada
Canada's Largest Triathlon Series and Barrelman Niagara Falls
http://www.multisportcanada.com / http://www.niagarafallstriathlon.com
"Discipline Is What You Do When No One Is Watching You"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just came across your question about Toronto-based cardiologists who work with athletes. I'm assuming you mean amateur athletes, like me. If so, was your friend successful? I'm looking for the same. I had a cardiologist in Toronto but switched to one in Hamilton after an incident during a half-marathon. I'm now thinking I'd like a cardiologist closer to home and who understands runners.
Quote Reply