Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spoiler: TDF sprint.
Quote | Reply
Uneventful except for the two Aussies battling it out in the sprint. Lance is 33rd with the same time. Everything remains the same.

1. Robbie McEwen (Australia) DVL
2. Stuart O’Grady (Australia) COF
3. Fred Rodriguez (USA) DVL
4. Guido Trentin (USA) QST
5. Thor Hushovd (Norway) C.A
6. Anthony Geslin (France) BTL
7. Robert Forster (Germany) GST
8. Magnus Backstedt (Sweden) LIQ
9. Gianluca Bortolami (Italy) LAM
10. Chris Horner (USA) SDV
Quote Reply
Re: Spoiler: TDF sprint. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cerveloguy, do you think Robbie came off his line a bit? Stuart seemed angry at Robbie again and threw his arm up in protest after the line. I think Robbie had him anyways so no bother.

Fast Freddie did a hell of a lead out and finished third which was great for him as well as for Robbie because it took points away from Thor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fairly straightforward stage it seemed like, but I wonder why Chris Horner sold out to stay away, knowing he probably wouldn't make it to the end? He has the reputation of being a smart tactical rider, so I would have thought if he was planning a breakaway stage win it would be in the Massif Central. There, his talents would give him a greater advantage as opposed to a relatively flat stage that likely represents the last opportunity for a mass sprint before Paris. Now he's blown up right before two tough stages in the Pyrenees. I'll be interested to hear his comments after the stage, and hope he makes it through to Pau.

Ken
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uneventful?????

Yikes!!!!

One of the greatest recent US Pro cyclist in the front of the break for 75km is uneventful? I was on the edge of my couch screaming, yelling, cheering.....darn near starting pedalling for him. That was an AMAZING final 10km...perhaps the best of thr tour so far!

Congrats to Mr. Horner. He's an incredible rider with an incredible day.......let's hope he didn't blow his legs like so many others have done this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Spoiler: TDF sprint. [Smitty8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Uneventful????? "

Sorry, my bad. i meant that only in terms of that the over all positions weren't changed. The actual stage itself was anything but.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I figured that's what you meant...I just wanted to take the opp to talk about Chris Horner. He's basically the only American rider in the tour that people can claim that they've raced against on a regular basis.....
Quote Reply