Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spinergy Rev-X Wheel with a 2mm wobble
Quote | Reply
I was was considering placing a bid on a pair of Spinergy Rev-X wheels on e-bay, but in the description it mentioned the rear wheel has a "slight wobble of 2mm." Is this something that you can fix or live with? I will be competing in the IM-USA in Lake Placid in july, and i'm looking for a pair of cheap aero-wheels.

thanks dotmanreds
Quote Reply
Re: Spinergy Rev-X Wheel with a 2mm wobble [dotmanreds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless they are really cheap I would say this is not worth it... if they are cheap it may be worth it to buy them, then send them back to spinergy and have them fixed/replaced... I think it is better to get something that works off of the bat rather than going through the pain of finding something that kinda works and forcing it to work...

good luck...

My advice with buying stuff, decide on what it is you want to buy, check out the auctions and classifieds for the going rate and wait until you see a good deal...
Quote Reply
Re: Spinergy Rev-X Wheel with a 2mm wobble [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Unless they are really cheap I would say this is not worth it... if they are cheap it may be worth it to buy them, then send them back to spinergy and have them fixed/replaced.. My understanding is that Spinergy will no longer replace or repair the Rev-x wheels, so that strategy may not work. I've had a pair for 6 seasons of road racing and multisport use and never had a problem, but I'd be very leery about the safety of a carbon wheel in that condition. JC

-------------------------
Jonathan Cane
City Coach Multisport
http://www.citycoach.org
Quote Reply
Re: Spinergy Rev-X Wheel with a 2mm wobble [joncane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I counsel patience. You will notice the wobble enough to irritate you and cause you to question your intelligence in buying the wheels. If you wait long enough there will be a better deal on better wheels. If you are on Ebay I recommend searching on off-words. A search for "comp" only turned up a 2002 Specialized Allez Comp in December of 2001. Since no one else "found" that auction I ended up getting the essentially brand new bike for $800. I couldn't even tell the bike had been ridden the 200 miles the seller said it had been. The point is that there are Ebay uninitiated trying to sell things out there that don't know the tricks to listing their product in order to increase exposure (Contrast that with people who put "Trek, Colnago, Cervelo" in the title listing for their "Litespeed." Anyone searching for a Trek will also see his/her Litespeed auction. If you can find one of the "hidden" auctions you are more likely to find a steal. The real key to getting something worthwhile on auction is patience. Know what you want beforehand. Know how much you want to pay for it. DON'T COMPROMISE on either. Sooner or later you'll get what you want and be all the happier for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't buy it. It could only get worse. Ask yourself this: Why is the guy selling it? That is a great topic for another post....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm sure that the 2mm is an estimate because 2mm is not a "slight" wobble. 2mm is .078 of an inch. i would bet that the wheel did not leave spinergy this way and with a wheel like this it's either like it left the factory or it's broken. wheels start to look bad at about .030. i've ridden .044 out but would never dream of sending anything out that much out. steer clear of that one my friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2mm is NOT slight. Stay Clear!!!!
Quote Reply