Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Tri Shoe
Quote | Reply
I am new in triathlon and I´ve just buyed the Trivent Specialized Tri Shoe. The problem is the transition. The main strap seems very short be closed. Does anyone have the same problem? What to do?

Thanks.

EQL
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Tri Shoe [eql] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have the shoes, but tried them on, and I noticed the same thing... the shoe didn't open up as much as my Shimano's when the strap was open and rested in that notch thing.

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought the Trivent last year and have enjoyed it so far. I've only done one Oly and one sprint race in it (and one century), but I didn't ever have any problems with the shoe not opening enough for my feet. I think they're comfortable and vent well. Also, I like that there are only two straps.

"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live."
-H.D.Thoreau
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't like the black fabric. No need for a solar collector on a bike shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Tri Shoe [Steve B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I don't like the black fabric. No need for a solar collector on a bike shoe."

right a solar collector.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used the Trivent in, like 3, TT's and 7 triathlons this year. Great shoe. Never had a problem getting in and out. The Shimano shoe not only looks dumb-ish, it also made my feet numb. My 0.02.
Best,

Robert

"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet."--Emily Dickinson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both of the shoes. I bought the Shimano TR02's when Specialized road shoes dropped the 2 strap models for all 3 straps. I bought the Specialized Tri-vents almost immediately after they came out. The Shimanos are much easier to get on and off. The tri-vents fit me much better and I have to say I believe the
"Body Geometry" with the built in wedge actually works. I still use the Lemond Wedges under the cleats on both (1 less with the Specializeds), so I initially thought I would keep the Shimano's and use them for sprint races since they are essentially brand new and a little faster to put on. However I believe that with the better fit and resulting better speed / power, I believe the 1 - 2 seconds I would gain by the Shimano's easier T-1 are offset, so they are sitting in the closet.

All that said, my wife also replaced her 2 strap Specialized shoes with the Shimano TR02's and that is all she rides in, racing and training. She consistently has some of the fastest T1, T2 and bike splits in the races she does.

Tim Anderson
"It's the nature of the internets that you get some dweeb who knows nothing about (insert topic here) pontificates about (topic), believing that his/her opinion is worth the same as opinions from those who actually knows what's going on." --Echappist
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great shoes.

I've done IM Brazil with this shoes (no socks) and a number of Olympic distanc tri's and it was great!
Quote Reply