Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Transition bike models
Quote | Reply
I'm concidering a new bike purchase this spring. My local dealer sells Specialized, among other brands, and I've ridden and liked the Transition.

Just wondering if anyone here has one and what their comments on this bike may be might be. I have heard that the frames are all the same from the S-Works model down to the lowest end frame, except for the paint schemes.

Of course I already know that bike fit is individual and you should go with the bike/frame that feels best for you, etc.

Pics would be nice, too....
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition bike models [HQKilla178] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey HQ

I just got a 05 Transition Comp frame, Fork and seat post. The biggest difference is the higher models Comp up get the carbon steer tube fork and the aero carbon seat tube. Now for most Tri geeks the seat tube may not be steep enough, my 61cm is at 75 degrees, but from the one ride outside and many trainer sessions it’s super bike. I have a high-end mix of parts and it came in at 19.5lbs with my Spinergy Rev-X’s on it. So not to bad for a TT bike.

Handling is good and fit seems very good. I can ride no hands easily and that’s always been a problem with my past TT bikes.

So I would say it's a very good bike!

Dan…

P.S. oh and the zerts work really well!
Last edited by: bikedude: Feb 2, 06 12:08
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition bike models [bikedude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wondered about the Zertz. So they do eliminate a lot of vibration?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the very low-end Transition Multi, but it's a totally different geometry from the tri-bikes.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition bike models [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stand corrected! The Transition Multi is a different frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My girlfriend raced on the S-Works Transition last year and she really liked it. It seemed to work well for her( 2nd at IMC and 9th at IMFL). It's not the bike for you if you are looking for a really forward position. It's the bike for the person that will ride somewhere between the classic road position and the really forward tri position.

I can't comment personally on the Zertz inserts and how they work, but we ride on a lot of really crappy roads with bad pavement and bumps and I never hear my girlfriend complain about how bad the road is while I often find it a pain on my bike.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

This is the bike I rode to the ITU World Championships for 25-29 Men, and 3rd overall, in Honolulu. I used to ride, and still own, a Look 486. The Transition beats it! It's lighter, due to the smaller compact frame and the quality of the aluminum. It is also more nimble, and quicker on accelerations and climbing. I'm thrilled with it!

The specs for my bike are available on my website at:

http://www.jimvanceracing.com/...quipment.php?pcid=12

Some of the things not listed on the site:
  • Pedeals - Speedplay Zeros
  • Vision Aluminum base bar, Vision carbon aerobars
  • Switched to Thomson seatpost
  • Saddle - Fizik
  • Easton Aero front fork

There really is no difference between the lower end frames and the S-Works, only the paint jobs. Same geometry and material.

Hope this helps...

In Reply To:
I'm concidering a new bike purchase this spring. My local dealer sells Specialized, among other brands, and I've ridden and liked the Transition.

Just wondering if anyone here has one and what their comments on this bike may be might be. I have heard that the frames are all the same from the S-Works model down to the lowest end frame, except for the paint schemes.

Of course I already know that bike fit is individual and you should go with the bike/frame that feels best for you, etc.

Pics would be nice, too....

Jim Vance
http://TodaysPlan.com.au (Disclosure: I am contracted with Today's Plan)
http://www.CoachVance.com/
Twitter @jimvance
Last edited by: JimVance: Feb 2, 06 11:22
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition bike models [JimVance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PLEASE HELP!!

How and where can i get the seat post clamp that allows me to use a normal "round tubed" seat post over the provided bladed aero seatpost as pictured in Jim's bike as well as Peter Reid's bike.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition bike models [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So how do you tell whether you should ride steep or shallow?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition bike models [tenax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any Specialized dealer should be able to get you one. It's part #2826-1015. Good luck.

Kyle
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition bike models [KyleM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Kyle! Anyone have any insight on this frame? is it a good buy? how does it ride assuming it fits well. I ride a roubaix for road and am thinking of getting a Tri Specific bike to compete, currently am on an alloy Scott but the seat angle is 74 degrees, thinking about getting a little steeper...

Any insight will be of great help! THank you!!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition bike models [JimVance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess it went by so fast in the other direction at the Desert Duathlon that I didn't notice what it was. It must be a fast bike if you won, right? :)

I have always thought they looked cool, but at 75 degrees in 58cm, it would be more suitable for me as a road bike. I certainly couldn't use it with full length aero bars. What is the reasoning behind building a tri bike with that type of geometry, I wonder? You can get to 75 degrees on most road frames simply by pushing the seat as far forward on the rails as it will go on a zero offset seatpost. I doubt it doing that would even affect the handling much.

Chad
Quote Reply